Recommend stator rewinders. Has yours lasted? F800GS

vanandy

Reaction score
Hi
I'm now looking at getting my Stator rewound, BMW want £580.:eek:
Has anyone had theirs rewound? Is it still going? (why it shouldn't be i don't know).
I'm pretty pissed as its only done 21000 miles. I feel this should be a recall part, no maintenance routine is going to catch a stator failure and if it did you'd be billed for a replacement part.
Cheers
Andy

Hi
I'm now looking at getting my Stator rewound, BMW want £580.:eek:
Has anyone had theirs rewound? Is it still going? (why it shouldn't be i don't know).
I'm pretty pissed as its only done 21000 miles. I feel this should be a recall part, no maintenance routine is going to catch a stator failure and if it did you'd be billed for a replacement part.
Cheers
Andy

Hi Andy, my stator went last week on the M55 on the way back from Blackpool to Oxford , " joy" anyway to cut a long story short I've stripped out the stator and I've sent it to West Country windings Nr Harlow in Essex for rewiring! Costing will be £126.00 plus postage, incidentally my GS has only done nearly 30,000 miles.

Regards John.:thumb2

Hi John, thanks for the reply, I thought these bikes were world adventure machines, looks more like local shopping toys.
I'll drop them a line at some point.

There's a lot of talk about these stators recently. Mine went a couple weeks ago. Not got round to taking it out yet. I'll be sending mine to West Country Windings, they fully test it and if it needs rewinding they use higher quality copper wire and cover it in high temp epoxy... so it's effectively beefed up for us overland adventure types. They're very reasonably priced, especially in comparison to what BMW charge for their kit'n'kaboodle (stator not available separatey).

I'm actually pleased with the performance of my stock stator, it's done 65k hard miles and not missed a beat until now. That's good considering that I've seen others burning out as low as 12k miles.

Back
Top Bottom