Kids bike instruction/riding

Berin

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, looking for a bit of help here. My sister in law lives in Durham, and has 2 kids (4 and 7) who are mad keen on bikes, and so I'm trying to find out if there is anywhere in the Durham area where kids can get some tuition and a place to ride, and a chance to progress through some competitions if they get into it. I'm willing to fund a bike for them, but obviously we don't just want them hooning round the roads!

Any info gratefully received,

Best regards,

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Google local motocross and trial riding clubs.
It's about the only way to get kids legaly on to bikes.

Sent from my S4 mini via tapatalk

There's an off road and mini moto track at Warden Law near Sunderland, I've never been but may be a good starting point.

There's an off road and mini moto track at Warden Law near Sunderland, I've never been but may be a good starting point.

http://www.kartingnortheast.com/

This place? Seems to just do karting, according to the website.

Scotrider, thanks for the advice, I have googled but info is a bit scarce hence why I posted here to see if anyone has some specific information.

NO.

karting north east has a trials area for sure ( I am a member) :)

roll up, pay yer cash and play all day.

enjoy!

and castleside quarry has a pay and play on weekends and its trials / enduro

Excellent:beerjug: thanks for that. So is there some tuition/kids section at either of these - as you can see from my sig line, I'm Oxfordshire so I'm looking for a place that my 4 year old nephew/7 year old niece can go and get started in biking with some tuition, as I won't be able to get along to the venue's.

cheers

Just noticed this Question. Bikewise mini bike club meet up once a month at the park and ride in carrville on a Sunday where theres mini moto sessions. they also do events at Warden Law. as long as the kids are able to ride a pedal cycle they'll be able to do it I cant remember the lower age limit , your 7 yr old will be fine not sure about any younger, theres bikes available for beginners and tuition. Bob Brown or Mick Alder are your main points of contact. I will try and find out next event weather permitting . generally third sunday of month 10 till 2. John

Aaaw, Spadger, you had me going there for a while! :(

I'm looking for somewhere supervised, with training if possible, for my 9-year-old grandson and his PY90. Thought the mini bike club would be good until I read:
"Strict guidelines govern the type of Minimoto which can be used.
These are:-

39-49cc air-cooled engine
Cord Pull start
No suspension
Have appropriate chain guard correctly fitted

Maximum wheel size 6.5 inches
*** If your machine does not conform to the above specification it cannot be used!*** "

Any other thoughts? I contacted Castleside, but they advised he would be too small.

Ooops , check out Bikewise mini bike club on fb , no good for a Py I'm afraid but they do have user bikes for initial try outs which would be for a few visits etc , the kids just need helmet gloves and be covered up, Bob who runs it is very helpful some of the kids are now competing nationally , if your local its worth a pop down , pea farm at Stanley have a track for off-road but not sure about tuition, I have a feeling there's somewhere else local I'll ask and put it up if there is

Check out Fuddy Muckers on Facebook. They are based at Stanhope I generally go up on my trials or enduro bike and there are quite a few kids buzzing around enjoying themselves DL13 2ES

Thanks for that Steve - just up the road from me! I've left them a note, will report progress. :beerjug:

Check out Fuddy Muckers on Facebook. They are based at Stanhope I generally go up on my trials or enduro bike and there are quite a few kids buzzing around enjoying themselves DL13 2ES

Back
Top Bottom