Any autocycle owners on here?

GS_BOTT

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, had this autocycle for a few years sitting in my shed, so decided to have a bit of a play and tidy up. engine now stripped, rebuilt with new bearings, and given a lick of paint.

Now starting on the wheels and noticed the rear sprocket is worn out, but, the sprocket is built into the rear wheel, and 'supports' the spokes, so it looks like a whole new wheel is required (hardly likey to find one of them)

Don't think all autocycles are like this, will try and stick a few pics up.
Any ideas or solutions welcome.

Hi steve off the KR1s forum
http://www.autocycles.co.uk

Above link is to a local guy to me who sell em for top money. This may help you recognise which one you own and potential value.

My local autojumble usually has autocycle bits , so i would start with your local one. Trouble is most of them have now finished until the new year.
Eblag is also a good option .
I buy bits from my Rabeneick from ebay.de

Good luck
Steve

Hi, had this autocycle for a few years sitting in my shed, so decided to have a bit of a play and tidy up. engine now stripped, rebuilt with new bearings, and given a lick of paint.

Now starting on the wheels and noticed the rear sprocket is worn out, but, the sprocket is built into the rear wheel, and 'supports' the spokes, so it looks like a whole new wheel is required (hardly likey to find one of them)

Don't think all autocycles are like this, will try and stick a few pics up.
Any ideas or solutions welcome.

can you not weld a new sprocket to the old one, or even drill and bolt?

failing that build up the teeth with weld and grind to shape using a die grinder!

it's a little difficult without seeing the problem though!

Back
Top Bottom