Wasn't looking but saw a Scrambler today

g00ner

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
:drool

Never taken much notice before but it caught my eye right enough. 2009, one owner, 850 miles from new, sub £5k,

Anyone have a good reason why not to buy it.... I'm all confused

I've never ridden one but all reviews / experiences I've read seem to indicate that it's a brilliant piece of form over function ....... but like I said, I've not ridden one .....

:drool

Never taken much notice before but it caught my eye right enough. 2009, one owner, 850 miles from new, sub £5k,

bloody hot down pipes, on the inside of your leg is one reason why i wouldn't buy it,
second reason is that its bloody ugly

Beauty in the eye of the beholder and all that...just been reassessing my riding needs and it caught my eye.
Don't get a lot of chances to 'just ride' currently what with work, dogs, kids etc. and when I do I invariably head for twisty B roads across the Kent/Sussex borders. That's not my XChallenge's forte so have been looking for something better suited to general 100 mile B road bimbles.
The XChallenge is great and we've just had a blast off road in the Pyrenees for a week, but once or twice a year isn't enough and I have a 200 smoker for laning.
I've even taken to watching Henry Cole on TV to see what they're restoring next. Classic looks with reliability seems attractive

I like them.....I prefer the blue/white, but who cares ?.....I just like blue (but not on Ducatis.....wish I hadn't started this....:D)

HOWEVER, something I really really really don't like about some of the modern Triumph twins, is the satin black engine...It just looks cheap and nasty (to me)....I would MUCH prefer a lovely chunk of alloy to polish.....'Nitromors....come on down'.....;)

Nice though........:)

Ditch those hideous exhausts and it would look a whole lot better

What are Triumph thinking?

As a second bike they are a lot of fun but need a bit of modding IMO ;)

Mine has Arrow exhaust, air box mod, free flowing filter, all the emissions crap removed, and different mapping which really perks up the engine to what it should be :thumb Have a look at http://www.triumphtwinpower.com/triumph-scrambler-performance-parts-accessories.php

Suspension is very basic but easily improved and brakes a little marginal but again lots of options to improve.

No real reason not to buy :thumb

Here's mine:

Nice bike but money stayed in my pocket. Didn't like the pipes pushing my right leg out or the limited rear suspension, thought they would become more and more of an issue over time. Attractive (in a manly way :D) but not quite for me... Did take the opportunity to look through the windows of the Harley store next door though... :augie

Ps. Nice bike Paul

YA MUG that is a bargain they are rocketing in value....you get used to the riding position and after ridding my pals well set up bonnie ...no contest the scram is much nicer and loaded with carateur...i 've been to Palermo n back on mine, seriously comfy, and i drove from the french tunnel to glasgow in one day and i am no chicken ,,,go back and buy right now!!! cheers,

Back
Top Bottom