Albania,,my favorit country.

Enjoyed that
Notion of an over lander to bottom of Greece ,so good background
Pity I don't have Norwegian ( did Scotland to the Nordkapp in June but everyone I met had good English :)

Brilliant pictures.
On our holiday to the Balkans this year Albania and Bulgaria were head and shoulders above all the others as far as we were concerned - Although we only skimmed Northern Greece and next time will get further down as we have had great reports.

Albania is great. Was there last year and broke down right in the south. Hotel manager helped me get the bike fixed when the parts eventually arrived from Greece and a 3 day run back home - good times.

We were there on 690's a couple of years ago and on GS's in 2009 - great country. Sadly (for us at least, but I'm sure very welcome by the locals) tarmac is rapidly replacing the unsurfaced roads. My top tip - stay away from the busy coastal area around Durres and head for the hills in the north east on the borders with Macedonia and Kosovo. Also don't overlook Kosovo - the border crossing is easy from Albania (not so from Serbia) and it's a very pretty and friendly place

I came through there recently, Montenegro through to Albania and then the fantastic road via Puke, Tropoje and on to Kosovo.

I had no idea the country was so beautiful and will definitely go back.

route recomendations

Guys, I would be interested to hear your route recomendations through albania from montenegro to macedonia using tarmac.

Would also be interested in route through macedonia towards greece.

Cheers

Daniel

Back
Top Bottom