New lid time

Givi do some nice lids, but you're unlikely to find them in a UK shop to try on :(

I bought an X-01 a few years back, and it's been my favourite helmet ever......

HX01FB910_W_1.jpg

It's modular, so you can wear it open 'jet' style, with an MX style chin piece of as a full face....and at less than 180 quid, not dear eithr :)

They also have a newer version (X-01 tourer) , aimed at adv/touring peeps, basically the same thing but with a removable peak :)

HX01DB910_1.jpg

If I lost me helmet tomorrow, I'd get another one of these :)

Fanum and the boys on a night out on the town :D

Attachments

• stormtrooper1.jpg
    stormtrooper1.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 411
I have two helmets at any one time partly because I prefer full face but as a volunteer blood biker we have been encouraged to wear a white flip front.

My full face is always an Arai although it was a Shoei at one time.

Having tried on every make and model of flip front that Fowlers (Bristol) Helmet City, CW (BMW) and Infinity had I found loads that just didn't fit and ended up with a Shoei Neotec.

Comfort and fit were the only issues but that excluded probably 75%.

I really need to be trying a few on but work keeps getting in the way. I've got a Shoei XR1000 and I've tried a Hornet so I know they fit and are comfortable and I've also tried an Arai in my size and that was comfy too.

I think it's boiling down to style, colour and how deep my pockets are on the day :)

I love my X-Lite 551, Peak is great, construction is top notch, drop down sunvisor is deepest I've had and it comes with a pinlock etc. I bought the N-Com bluetooth kit from Ebay Italy, saving £100 on the UK price and it's blooming good to.

Saw one today chained to a KTM and liked the look of it in the flesh. Read somewhere that they come up on the small side. Need to find one to try on.

A recent convert to HJC.
Some good value on Lids direct at the minute, both full face and flip
Happy hunting :)

Recently took a chance on an HJC after wearing Shoei for years. Now using an HJC R-PHA ST riding the new RT and it has been very good so far. Good visor system, no leaks in the pouring rain, deep moulding in the visor for the supplied max vision pin lock, no steaming up and good coverage from the built in sun visor. Only complaint is a wee increase in wind noise when the top vent is open, but it's not bad and still quite quiet.

John

Cheers for all the replies. Sat in Berlin with a beer at the moment so will have to wait til I get home.

Right

Went to J&S today to try on the Hornet DS, no stock except midget head size, the guys phoned Feredex? The Uk importer they said very little stock left as it's being discontinued? New helmet due out February next year. So if you fancy the Hornet grab it whilst they have it, I might if I could find an XL to try first!

Might have to be a tour x 4 but for fook sake Redrick would never let me live it down!

Anyone using the shark explorer r? If so is it any good as in wind noise the reviews sound good but you can't always get a true reflection although shark have done some decent helmets.

Tried on a few different lids today. Didn't like the Givi at all. GT Air was nice but tight to get on. All the Arais were very comfy.

Looked on line and found a Tour X4 down to 370 quid. Rude not to :)

Will let you know how it feels when it arrives.

Tried on a few different lids today. Didn't like the Givi at all. GT Air was nice but tight to get on. All the Arais were very comfy.

Looked on line and found a Tour X4 down to 370 quid. Rude not to :)

Will let you know how it feels when it arrives.

The gt air slackens off very quickly after wearing it about 3 times

I have two rx7 s and a gt air for sports riding the arias are very good lids but two up with the intercom the gt air wins hands down

Right

Went to J&S today to try on the Hornet DS, no stock except midget head size, the guys phoned Feredex? The Uk importer they said very little stock left as it's being discontinued? New helmet due out February next year. So if you fancy the Hornet grab it whilst they have it, I might if I could find an XL to try first!

Might have to be a tour x 4 but for fook sake Redrick would never let me live it down!
Yes i would just get a black one !

Back
Top Bottom