Servicing costs? F800gs

Ruffio

Reaction score
Hi all, newbie here;

So I took my 2013 to Cooper Tonbridge Wells for a service today, I had already accepted the price due to some much needed warranty work along with the service millage upon me.

So for my 6000 mile service I was charged £230. This seems steep to me (I can accept it as a one off however) so what are other authorised dealers charging these days? (this is my first bmw)

Warranty work was as follows (after less than 6000 miles :( )

New rear suspension unit ( seized adjuster).....terrible vibration in the rear wheel it caused so it did.

New turn signal button (stuck in, wouldn't pop out)

I am the second owner, have done 500 miles (so not the bugger who buggered the shock)

£230 for a minor service appears to be a bit steep. I paid about the same, on my F650GS twin, but that did include a new rear tyre (old one had a screw through it). I paid £240 for a major service. These are at a main BMW dealer.

Over all, my bike is cheaper to service than my previous Honda as the service intervals are 6k, raer than my old Hondas 3.5k

Hi all, newbie here;

So I took my 2013 to Cooper Tonbridge Wells for a service today, I had already accepted the price due to some much needed warranty work along with the service millage upon me.

So for my 6000 mile service I was charged £230. This seems steep to me (I can accept it as a one off however) so what are other authorised dealers charging these days? (this is my first bmw)

New rear suspension unit ( seized adjuster).....terrible vibration in the rear wheel it caused so it did.

I am the second owner, have done 500 miles (so not the bugger who buggered the shock)

What exactly did they do for your dosh? Jjh

Hi all, newbie here;

What exactly did they do for your dosh? Jjh

Hi JJH (thank for info earwig) the Dealer is the most local to me and largely my only point of call dealerwise.

The brakdown of costs was as follows:

BMW service (dont know what this refers to) £46.80
Engine oil change with filter £23.40
Renew Brake fluid entire system £39.00
Disposal charge £6.95

OIL Mobil5/Castrol 15w 50 qauntity: 30 (?) £42.00
OIL FILTER £9.70
GASKET RING £0.96
BRAKE FLUID (1LTR) £9.64

SAFETY BAR (i forgot to mention i had hand guards fitted which came to £60.42)

So it says PARTS: £122.72
LABOUR: £116.15 (i had them fit the handguards then check the wheel bearings because of the vibration which turned out to be the poop suspension supposedly)

so NET = £238.87 (including the stuff to fit the hand gaurds @ £60.42)
VAT = £47.77

TOTAL = £286.64

So including VAT and taking away the cost of the handguards, not to mention the collapsed suspension and dodgey indicator my start to BMW ownership has been knocked somewhat. Going back on the 15th for the warranty repair on the suspension so with further advice i might see what they have to say about these prices.

With all the knowledge gained from forums about these bikes i cant say i am in favour of keeping this bike till the next service interval.

Don't fret, there's always BGM (Brian Giles Motorcycles) around the corner from them in Pembury on 01892 823514.

Excellent bloke, good service and was a main dealer BMW mechanic for years. He is cheaper than a main dealer.

Don't fret, there's always BGM (Brian Giles Motorcycles) around the corner from them in Pembury on 01892 823514.

Excellent bloke, good service and was a main dealer BMW mechanic for years. He is cheaper than a main dealer.

Thanks for the tip, that sounds promising. Il look out for others in the south east aswell.

Love the bike, the build quality and handling. Being hasty so see how next year pans out.

Back
Top Bottom