New to Guzzis so, hello .....

Isn't it always :)

Here we go again - the estimate to fix the R100R is £750 +

I can neither ride it nor sell it until it's fixed, I don't see what choice I have :-(

I think it must be cheaper to run new bikes but I must say I have never had as much trouble with a single bike as that R has given me.

My exit plan as above is the right course , first the k100, then the r100, finally the GSA if I can satisfy myself that the Guzzi is the way to go.

Grrrr !

Here we go again - the estimate to fix the R100R is £750 +

I can neither ride it nor sell it until it's fixed, I don't see what choice I have :-(

I think it must be cheaper to run new bikes but I must say I have never had as much trouble with a single bike as that R has given me.

My exit plan as above is the right course , first the k100, then the r100, finally the GSA if I can satisfy myself that the Guzzi is the way to go.

Grrrr !

what's up with the R100R?

They are investigating an unacceptable vibration and they have discovered a cracked gearbox cover and a failed oil seal. Some of the labour is under warranty as the gearbox was rebuilt last year, the £750 bill is mostly parts.

I have spent a huge amount of money on this f***ing bike but at what point do I give up on it?

Moto Guzzi here I come !!!!!

They are investigating an unacceptable vibration and they have discovered a cracked gearbox cover and a failed oil seal. Some of the labour is under warranty as the gearbox was rebuilt last year, the £750 bill is mostly parts.

I have spent a huge amount of money on this f***ing bike but at what point do I give up on it?

Moto Guzzi here I come !!!!!

seems a lot to spend on a few gearbox parts and an oil seal, considering that it was rebuilt last year!

seems a lot to spend on a few gearbox parts and an oil seal, considering that it was rebuilt last year!

Well that's BMW for you.

Incidentally I test rode a v7 Stone yesterday (with a £2000 excess and on disgusting slippery roads). Basically my impression was that it's a great bike. It's just not a £7,000 bike - I feel it should really be priced around (or sub) £5,000.

That's probably just me ....

Well that's BMW for you.

Incidentally I test rode a v7 Stone yesterday (with a £2000 excess and on disgusting slippery roads). Basically my impression was that it's a great bike. It's just not a £7,000 bike - I feel it should really be priced around (or sub) £5,000.

You could have well built £10k bike for under £6k if you buy a 3 yr old 1200 Sport;)

Well that's BMW for you.

Nower days that's Enfield money, probably £7k is about right, there are lots of couple of year old models around for a lot less,

If your paying dealer prices for repairs then any bike will be expensive to maintain, especially an old bike

You can do lots of repair to the R100R for what depreciation that the guzzi would suffer in its first year!

Yes I am paying dealer prices - I really don't have a choice.

Good point about the Guzzi depreciation, I think I had already come to that conclusion. It's one of the reasons I have been trying so hard to make the r100r right.

l think I'll just flog the fleet and take it from there :)

Yes I am paying dealer prices - I really don't have a choice.

Good point about the Guzzi depreciation, I think I had already come to that conclusion. It's one of the reasons I have been trying so hard to make the r100r right.

l think I'll just flog the fleet and take it from there :)

Another update.

The (indie) dealer settled on a price of £3,500 for the bike but I did not go for it in the end. The dealer just could not grasp the concept that a missed service is a missed service and that a 2010 bike should not now be running on its original brake fluid , gearbox and rear bevel oils.

My r100r was finally repaired yesterday, having had the cause of the heavy vibration identified (it was the drive shaft that was failing with excessive wear in the UJ) and remedied. It was an absolute joy to ride home, hopefully the Guzzi will not now be required.

I now have an operational r100r and a k100rs 16v, whichever one breaks first I'll have the other one to ride :) accordingly I have given my beautiful Triple Black GS Adventure in to the dealer to be sold.

If I have any further major expense with my pair of '92 bikes I shall revisit the Guzzi option, thanks for the help so far.

Seasons greetings

Phil

Back
Top Bottom