ITS HERE S1000XR

Yes I did, as long you keep it either under 65 or over 100 mph then you will at least be able to feel your hands/fingers !

Strange how not having wisdom tooth ache and a wearing a different lid makes all the difference once you dial yourself in and change your mindset from twin to inl4 you forget the niggles and realise its not a bad bike at all, quickshifter is much better then the gs it allows downshifts whilst on the throttle and the noise it makes is like a Ferrari on full chat vibes are still there 65+ tingling is prominent and you can't see what's in the mirrors at this stage !

One thing I noticed is the XR had done 1250 miles and is weathering better then the gs I saw with 1k on the clock, it looked as tho it was corroding standing still wtf.

so you still taking delivery on XR or giving up?

I had a 2 hour ride today. I currently own MY 15 GS and MY 15 MTS DVT.

This is a ballistic sports bike with the all day comfort of a GS.....THAT'S THE ONLY COMPARISON WORTH MAKING WITH A GS IMOP. The GS IS WHAT IT IS....an easy riding all round competent ride with a punchy engine and brilliant handling in the Mountains.

The engine is perfectly mapped/fuelled with immense smooooooooth 4 cylinder torque across a wide rev band. In 6th you can pull from 20mph, about 1300 rpm, to V-Max without any hesitation. Just smoooooth power delivery. At about 6000 rpm this thing takes off like it's been shot out of a cannon, below 6000rpm it gathers pace in a civilised manner with a growing and predictable surge. I was getting 40 mpg in mixed, using the revs, riding. I'm sure high 40's low 50's are possible riding the bike on it's torque.

The gearbox quickshifter is so good that I would say it's nearly a must have if you like a bit of fun........so quick and slick. Manually the box is fine although there was some reluctance changing down but this bike had 350 miles on the clock. Clutch lever span is a stretch ( I take an XL glove) and needs a hefty tug.

Ergo is fine with just a hint of forward lean for my long back 6' 2" height. I could flat foot my 31" inseam legs. The screen is OK with some wind noise but good for stock screen.

Steering is very precise and predictable yielding a near sports bike agility albeit from a tall seat position......good feedback from the rubber and confidence inspiring.

The brakes, front and back, are amongst the best. The front is immensely strong and easy to modulate......BMW just seem to be ahead of others with brake set up. By example my Ducati has the best Brembo callipers but the set up is average compared to BMW. Truly great brakes.

The standard exhaust is a hoot and makes a great sound and the Agragoni option must be terrifyingly loud.

Downsides. There is inline 4 vibes at 5000rpm (70mph in top) for 500 revs. Curiously the mirrors were fine and always provided a detailed view. I managed the vibes by either cruising at 77 mph or just riding through it.......I do think the bike would be better without the vibes but it's not a big issue for me but will be for some, the trade off of riding a brilliantly fuelled engine is more than worth it but that's me!

Suspension gives good wheel control but both the front and more-so the rear shock kicked into overbanding and road surface imperfection and jarred my lower spine but I am used to Ducati's brilliant take on Skyhook magic carpet ride. It's almost like the rebound needs adjustment but I guess.

So, for me, this is a bonkers road bike for Sunday fun and Mountain touring. A brilliantly fuelled engine connected to a perfectly integrated quick shifter and brakes.

This bike does fill a new niche for BMW and makes good business sense. For the punter who wants a fast long distance all day comfy steed it makes sense too. Plus those Sunday fun runs will be a BLAST as well.

I test rode one today. I agree with all previous comments. I also rode the versys 1000 recently and found the power spread a lot better on the Kwak. The previous comments all picked up on the riding experience but it's odd that all the magazine reviews so far say it's the best motorcycle ever and don't make the same observations that have been made in this thread. Bias! or are we to critical?

I test rode one today. I agree with all previous comments. I also rode the versys 1000 recently and found the power spread a lot better on the Kwak. The previous comments all picked up on the riding experience but it's odd that all the magazine reviews so far say it's the best motorcycle ever and don't make the same observations that have been made in this thread. Bias! or are we to critical?

The journos possibly ride lots of different inline 4's and understand they have a tendency to vibe so no BIG issue. But I guess.

The journos possibly ride lots of different inline 4's and understand they have a tendency to vibe so no BIG issue. But I guess.
Yes it's probably spot on that. Usually when they test twins they go on about vibration and how rough the engines feel. They are just different and it's personal taste which you prefer.

I lasted 10 seconds. What's with all these amateurs reviewing bikes on YouTube? :nenau Do they think that people give a shit about their opinion?

He was blipping the throttle with gear changes, obviously has no idea what a quick shifter does.

Terry

Just watched a review on the RS.
He took daddy's brand new bike out, rung its neck to 9000rpm, complained about the quickshifter even tho you can see him shutting off between gears.
Why do they bother:nenau
https://youtu.be/dJPlXrunU5U

Back
Top Bottom