ITS HERE S1000XR

The rads do look poor in design though!

One of the first things I fitted to my S1000R was the Evotech rad guards. They do a great job of protecting the radiators, and look good.:thumb If the ones for the R don't fit, they'll be making some for the XR.

I like the look of it.
Don't think the Doris will want to balance on that pad though.

i don't get it. what is the obsession with off-road? it's not an off road bike because the number of buyers for a massive, 4 cyl, 160BHP off road bike is insignificant :blast

most of the off road around here (south of england) is an absolute quagmire most of the year. there's also very little of it. i doubt there'll be any at all, anywhere in the uk in a few years anyway. where's the market?

it's not an off road bike. get over it. it's a bike for middle aged blokes with too much money.

BTW my old ducati 900ss had a rad there and so did my mate's. no guards and neither of us had any problems in thousands of miles :nenau

A BMW MultiVersysStrada, I like it though, and may give it a whirl next year as a Comfier S1000R with touring ability could be just the ticket.

This is still a few £££ cheaper though, and what does the XR do that this does not ?

118bhp as opposed to 160bhp I am guessing an extra 50 or 60 mph

Price as per the competition (Multi) so £15750-ish there's 2 packages dynamic and touring so i presume price(stock bike) + packages, probably be another £1500+ on top, getting expensive .

http://youtu.be/5JInmKNwuj0

Oh dear!

Think BMW should have gone their own way. If they must introduce an all new model to compete against the likes of the Multistrada at least make it look different.

I would have thought a more potent, suited and booted GS/GSA would have ticked the box? Would certainly look the part. And I would have bought one.

Either that or BMW Motorrad should have spent the time and money sorting out quality control and tiny details on the remainder of their range.

Regards

It does look very nice, one thing they have missed, on the stock bike you adjust the screen by pulling the central brace, add the touring package and the sat nav obscures the brace !!

2:57 shows how the screen adjusts .
http://youtu.be/I3Ah9eVoC8Q

It does look very nice, one thing they have missed, on the stock bike you adjust the screen by pulling the central brace, add the touring package and the sat nav obscures the brace !!

Depends where the sat nav sits, I guess? Or does the touring package include a wheel to adjust the screen?

i don't get it. what is the obsession with off-road? it's not an off road bike because the number of buyers for a massive, 4 cyl, 160BHP off road bike is insignificant :blast

most of the off road around here (south of england) is an absolute quagmire most of the year. there's also very little of it. i doubt there'll be any at all, anywhere in the uk in a few years anyway. where's the market?

it's not an off road bike. get over it. it's a bike for middle aged blokes with too much money.

:nenau

Nail hit squarely on the head:thumby:

Off road? No thanks if I want to go off-road I'll buy a proper off road bike.....
Africa twin? Why the excitement I borrowed one of the originals once and thought it slow, dull and ponderous.
I like my LC ADV but have to admit either this 1000XR or the newly refreshed Multistrada would probably excel at the sort of riding I favour : back roads riding, euro touring, weekends away and the odd thrash to the coast and back.

What ya recon it will cost fully spec'd than !

Around 16k. Non esa model shade under 13k based on whats been said as multistrada competitive prices. Theyve got Ducati on the ropes with this. Nice looks (on the youtube link). Conventional suspension, proven mechanicals, strong dealer network. Still, i think i would prob prefer the new Ducati as i got bored with uber powerful 4cyl bikes a few years back.

What ya recon it will cost fully spec'd than !

The BMW guy said price will be similar to the Italian competition! It needs to be less than the MS going by the S1000R??

At least the fuel tank is 20 litres gives it half a chance for a reasonable tank range, although not great for a bike used for touring. Should be great going by what it's based on!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

that rad intake looks huge and ugly ...it will never compete with a twin for character, i dont think ducati will be worried more like ageing s1000rr riders, fazers and bandits:D

Back
Top Bottom