ITS HERE S1000XR

Have they taken the designer of all their front mudguards around the back and shot him yet?

Why oh why are they so shit. Does he (the designer) have shares in radiator covers or something...:stopbeing

Nice bike, top box looks awful

It's not XR topbox, but GS's. I took it from GS and mounted on XR and I was surprised that BMW made same mounting points for both bikes...that's first time in history I think....I believe the topbox from RS will look the same as for XR.

Top box might fit, but looks fucking ridiculous.

We took it off the bike after me taking pictures, so people wouldn't be confused by this look and assume that this is what BMW came up with for XR...I didn't see orginal luggage accessories for XR at NEC, but I'm pretty sure they will be very similiar ( if not the same ) as for new R1200RS.

If I bought XR ( which I hope I will), I don't mind putting this topbox on if it is more practical than original for XR. I have GS and I do like practicality of it, so I'd probably keep it for XR if it still fits on production bikes.

The exhaust doesn't do it any favours either. Versys 1000 :eek:

Any price details on the XR ?

nope :( but at least we know prices for Multistrada. Base is 12.995 and S version 15995. XR models will need to be competetive... Multistrada does look fabulous I must say!

nope :( but at least we know prices for Multistrada. Base is 12.995 and S version 15995. XR models will need to be competetive... Multistrada does look fabulous I must say!

It does need to be competitive for sure taking into account the s1000r (naked) fully spec model is £11900 so if the Xr is £3k more does it make it a £3k better bike then the naked version !

It should be priced within reason say £1k more then the s1000r(naked)

I reckon BMW are waiting to see how much interest there is at the show,then jack the price up!

I had a look at it yeterday at the show. The tank is very wide and flat. The rear subframe like a first year high school pupils project. The front headlamp area just looks weird but I couldn't work out why. It may be one that grows on me but first impressions were indifferent.

I reckon BMW are waiting to see how much interest there is at the show,then jack the price up!

I agree. It must be music to BMW's ears to hear that punters are already putting down deposites on a bike thats not even been launched.

The company must be thinking that if they make anything with the BMW logo on it they can sell it.

In other words its sold before it's a proven product. I'm sure it will be a great bike but lets not tell them to early, let them prove it, otherwise

complacency and build qulity could suffer in the future and prices will rise. A little bit of pressure wont hurt.

So have a test ride first.....Make them sell the thing....

Ps. I suppose thats the power of this brand.....

It does need to be competitive for sure taking into account the s1000r (naked) fully spec model is £11900 so if the Xr is £3k more does it make it a £3k better bike then the naked version !

It should be priced within reason say £1k more then the s1000r(naked)

I'm surprised at how comfortable the S1000R is, as a touring bike. When I first got mine, the plan was just to use it as a toy for the weekend, but after doing a couple of 300 mile days on it, could seriously go away for a week or more on it.:thumb

If the XR is over £1-£2k more than the R, I think BMW will be limiting their audience, and will find that more people will adapt the R to turn it into more of a touring bike.:rob

I'm surprised at how comfortable the S1000R is, as a touring bike. When I first got mine, the plan was just to use it as a toy for the weekend, but after doing a couple of 300 mile days on it, could seriously go away for a week or more on it.:thumb

If the XR is over £1-£2k more than the R, I think BMW will be limiting their audience, and will find that more people will adapt the R to turn it into more of a touring bike.:rob

I've seen people on R in Alps this summer and you can watch videos of RoyalJordanian on YT touring on his S1000R, so it is doable. XR has more relaxed sitting position than R, so your legs won't suffer after day of riding.

I also think that price for base XR, should be in S1000R SPORT territory, otherwise it will be too much. If base Multistrada is 13k, which from technology perspective is more advanced bike ( new engine, hydraulic clutch, very good quality switch gear, new instrument cluster, etc), I don't think XR should cost the same. On top of that looks of Multi is growing on me after seeing both bike in flesh. Multistrada will be available at the beginning of Feb for test rides, whereas XR - June at the earliest...

I've seen people on R in Alps this summer and you can watch videos of RoyalJordanian on YT touring on his S1000R, so it is doable. XR has more relaxed sitting position than R, so your legs won't suffer after day of riding.

I also think that price for base XR, should be in S1000R SPORT territory, otherwise it will be too much. If base Multistrada is 13k, which from technology perspective is more advanced bike ( new engine, hydraulic clutch, very good quality switch gear, new instrument cluster, etc), I don't think XR should cost the same. On top of that looks of Multi is growing on me after seeing both bike in flesh. Multistrada will be available at the beginning of Feb for test rides, whereas XR - June at the earliest...

I really like the Multistrada.:thumb If I didn't change my bikes regularly, I'd get one, but their residuals are terrible. There are some very unhappy owners on the Ducati forum, who have been offered ridiculously low money for bikes under a year old, with the view of getting the new model.

I've seen people on R in Alps this summer and you can watch videos of RoyalJordanian on YT touring on his S1000R, so it is doable. ...

My mate has the s1r we did 10 days away in Europe, fitted with comfort seat, screen, Ventura luggage the bike was a blast, very impressive . I'm off to the NEC tomorrow to see what all this fuss is about .

me an maria goin tom, ill keep an eye out for ya mate!

My mate has the s1r we did 10 days away in Europe, fitted with comfort seat, screen, Ventura luggage the bike was a blast, very impressive . I'm off to the NEC tomorrow to see what all this fuss is about .

Comfort seat, screen and bar risers have turned mine into a very good touring bike.:thumb

Back
Top Bottom