Eastern Europe trip advice

Chr999chr

Reaction score
Looking to go a bit further on my trip next year and was thinking of the trip below around eastern europe.
Has anyone been to Moldova Ukraine or Belarus as there is not much bike info on these places.

Attachments

• 2015 trip.jpg
    2015 trip.jpg
    122.5 KB · Views: 507
My IC wouldn't cover me for Moldova/Ukraine for my recent Eurotravels. Unless things get sorted soon in Ukraine you too may find it an issue. Check your policy.

For Moldova I'd find a hotel and book it before you leave ... GPS data in the capital is not very correct (or it could have been me). Unless you really really want to goto Hungary, I'll leave it, and take more of Romania -> Western Ukraine -> Poland. Hungary is utterly flat and boring. I found the south east of Poland very nice, but then again I'm mad amount mountains and the Carpathian start in Poland.

You're not wrong about a flat Hungary , think pancakes.

Budapest though , well worth the visit/stay , imo , and to get to Budapest/Romania or vice versa you have to go flat! :thumb

You're not wrong about a flat Hungary , think pancakes.

Budapest though , well worth the visit/stay , imo , and to get to Budapest/Romania or vice versa you have to go flat! :thumb

I've been traveling in that part of the world the last 4 years, and I find Serbia north of Donau, and Hungary the two most boring places in Eastern Europe, and I would rather fly cheap to a larger city so that I don't have to worry about parking anyway (ie. cheaper hotels).

But each to their own.

As for Ukraine, should not be a problem, a few Russian travelers have passed through eastern Ukraine this year without any problems. Just stay away from the hot zones (Donetsk, etc.).

Back
Top Bottom