New Tiger 800's

Grizzly To55er

Reaction score
Come on BMW keep up, 4 new 800 models for 2015 from Triumph show that they take the middleweight market seriously.
What do we get, new colours :(

We don't all want w/c and 160bhp spend some development money in the real world riding area !

Andy

Triumph are either suffering from poor sales of the recent 1200 models and cruiser stuff or they're midway through a loooong R&D cycle for up to date technology which other manufacturers have already had for years. .

All the bikes they've shown at the two recent bike shows have been about 'bold new paint schemes' and silly styling jobs to capture more of the beardo/flannel tribes,

Come on BMW keep up, 4 new 800 models for 2015 from Triumph show that they take the middleweight market seriously.

We don't all want w/c and 160bhp spend some development money in the real world riding area !

Andy

To describe them as new models is stretching it. More like an update of the existing model with a few more toys to play with.

To describe them as new models is stretching it. More like an update of the existing model with a few more toys to play with.

My thoughts exactly.

I was going to say don't change a winning formula but thinking about it I reckon a major colour scheme uplift would be nice, blue / red frame, gold wheels, bling it right up, instead of being just boring germanic.

I am not bothered what you say, I really like the 800's, a mate has one and its pretty damn fine! The only thing I dont like is the topbox and panniers that have some "float" so I would say they would rattle about when riding, the 1200 is the same.

Andy

There's not much on the F-series models that needs changing. (At least not to the extent I'd change them by scrapping CANBUS electronics).
If it ain't broke, why fix it?

In other words, just like BMW. ;)

I was going to say don't change a winning formula but thinking about it I reckon a major colour scheme uplift would be nice, blue / red frame, gold wheels, bling it right up, instead of being just boring germanic.

Och Aye... BMW have always held their relative conservatism as a matter of pride.

Remember how, back in 1999, BMW were adamant that they were not going to launch anything that could be described as a 'Supersports' bike?
Then, along came the K1200S. Then, more agonizing and oscillating when BMW realized people regarded it as competition for the Blackbird and 'Busa - not the Fireblade and R1 it had actually been aimed at.
Then they took their own sweet time launching the S1000RR buyers had wanted all along. At least with that, they finally edged ahead. But now, with the HP4, you're looking at MV Agusta and Bimota levels of spendage - in SA, at least...

New?

Good time to buy an new/old model? An associate of mine just got a pretty good deal on an old model 800 plus discount on extras.

Seems to me that unless you're a fan of electrical aids with three letter abbreviations the new one's not massively different.:nenau

Good time to buy an new/old model? An associate of mine just got a pretty good deal on an old model 800 plus discount on extras.

Seems to me that unless you're a fan of electrical aids with three letter abbreviations the new one's not massively different.:nenau

It isn't. ;)
Truth be told though, I do prefer the styling of the 2012-onward F800GS over the older ones. Not the 800 Adventure, though - somehow, it looks wrong. Too lardy and tail-heavy.
I also prefer the styling of the F800GT over the older S and ST.

Back
Top Bottom