Givi Outback Top Case Help

Big-G

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi all, new top box time and I'm looking at the Givi range again as I have the rack attached to my 800 Adventure.
I like Givi in that it can be used on other bikes not just the BMW.
Anyway has anyone any experience of the outback range?
These do look vastly expensive vs. the standard trekker or the even cheaper Kappa 46 / 52L.
I like the idea of the two helmet outback, something BMW don't do.
If not for two hats then one and other carrying room when on a trip.
Any useful help please.
G

Givi

I swapped to the Outback from a Trekker. I love it. It matches the Pannier look on my Adventure,and when I get to where I am going, I can get my Helmet, Summer Boots and BMW Coverall inside. I also think the lock looks more substantial,although nothing is foolproof. :thumb2

I'm hoping shortly to buy my first GSA, once my injury claim pays out. I was considering getting one of the 58 litre Trekker Outback top cases. I have noted though that Givi sells a watertight dry bag to fit inside, which being a doubting Thomas makes me wonder if the box alone will keep the water out? I've never owned a Givi box but hear they're the bees knees. I've tried Googling reviews but apart from a nice walk around nobody mentions the important things like do they keep your kit dry!

I have the outback panniers and top box, in black, let me assure you, they do not leak and the black ones are powder coated inside & out, in my humble opinion they are much better than the BMW equivalent (I have owned both) and I can use them on both my bikes.

Anyone got a photo of one on the bike?
I can't get to see one in any of the local Givi dealers.
They all want to supply to order.
Thanks
G

there you go

Attachments

• 20141202_172926.jpg
    20141202_172926.jpg
    33.7 KB · Views: 135

Back
Top Bottom