Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617

Thread: MT-09 Tracer.....

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    I went from the S10 to the Tracer. I was tempted by the lower weight.

Like tecman I have bought an aftermarket screen.

Fuel is reported by the optimistic computer as over 50mpg. Varies considerably, especially when in France with their E10 fuel. Tank range is over 200 miles on UK unleaded 95RON but as low as 150 miles on E10 fuel, when making progress.

Riding position is upright like the S10, suits my knees.

It is a very good motorcycle. Possibly the best ever UJM. It's been good on my commute, hooning around the Cotswolds and Mid Wales or on a trip to Burgundy & Alsace.

Chain is messy but not had to adjust it in 5500 miles. I find the OE tyres (D222 Dunlop not available in shops) okay and put a similar Dunlop on the rear for my trip to France. 1800 miles in 8 days riding, much of it in the Vosges mountains.

I can't see me changing bikes for some time.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Quote Originally Posted by wessie View Post

Chain is messy but not had to adjust it in 5500 miles. I find the OE tyres (D222 Dunlop not available in shops) okay and put a similar Dunlop on the rear for my trip to France. 1800 miles in 8 days riding, much of it in the Vosges mountains.

I can't see me changing bikes for some time.
    Wessie? How many miles did you squeeze out of your rear on your bike? Mine was down to legal in the middle when approaching 3600-3800ish. Got back home from trip and ordered set of PR4s, fitted at 4200mls

just before boarding ferry in Santander (put 2k mls in 7 days riding)

I had about 1.5 mm left above the wear bars at 3600 miles - not many motorway miles as I live in the Cotswolds. Decided to fit a new Roadsmart 2 on the rear for the trip. Mate, johan had 3mm on his rear and it lasted the 1500 mile trip.

My rear OE tyre looked like yours, close to the edge. Despite similar lean angles, I can't seem to get to the edge of the Roadsmart tyre. I'm hoping it is a factor of the very deep tread compared to the meagre tread on the D222, which remind me of barely full ink cartridges shipped with a printer. I'm hoping the new rear will last 6000 miles like PR4s and Conti Road Attacks did on my Super Tenere. If the Roadsmarts do last that long then I would be happy to stick with them.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

Really like the Tracer and the reviews I've read so far have been very positive. Serious contender for my next bike as I love triples.
    These seem to be a refreshing alternative to adventure bikes which in my opinion are getting too expensive, too big and too heavy.
    Only concern is legroom as I suffer with arthritic knees, can anyone report how they are in this department?

Tempted too..... Dont ride much now (family) but want a bike, capable for touring and reliable..... Competitors are 1050 adventure - similiar price nowadays..... Come from a GSA which i loved - not sure what to do.....

Quote Originally Posted by motomadmed View Post
    Really like the Tracer and the reviews I've read so far have been very positive. Serious contender for my next bike as I love triples.
    These seem to be a refreshing alternative to adventure bikes which in my opinion are getting too expensive, too big and too heavy.
    Only concern is legroom as I suffer with arthritic knees, can anyone report how they are in this department?
    my feet are lower than on my GS LC. knees less bent.

Knee room is good. I started off riding in the lower seat position but once confident with the bike I have put the seat in the high position. I have a 32" inside leg and can get both feet on the floor on a level surface.

This was one of the main criteria for choosing the Tracer, in addition to the lower weight after riding a Super Tenere for 3 years.

Thanks for your replies, tecman and wessie (good name for a double act!).
    Positive feedback indeed, I take it you're still happy with your choice of machine then

Positive feedback indeed, I take it you're still happy with your choice of machine then
    yes indeed. visit local dealer and take it for a ride.

Oh yes. Did nearly 2000 miles in France last month, weekend in Wales in May plus commuting means I've done 5850 miles since 3rd March. With the great weather we have been having, I sometimes take the long way home. Just booked it in for the 6000 mile service on 1st Aug.

Really enjoying my Tracer it's a great all rounder, i use it for commuting and touring

My local Yamaha dealer has sold 50 MT09 Tracers so far this year and is struggling to get his hands on stock.

Yamaha appear to have a winner on their hands, mind you the proposed MT07 Tracer and the MT07 engined Tenere look like they will be stunners if they reach production.

Tried out a mt09 Tracer this weekend,

It's very light, I like the clocks, but I struggled with the switchgear, probably get used to it though, and I kept trying to change gear with the crashbar, and I have small feet,

the bars are wide and a little straight, screen was awful, performance wasn't stunning, but adequate, suspension was not great, but usable

and it was quite high,

I liked it

Page 17 of 17 FirstFirst ... 7151617