Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: MT-09 Tracer.....

That is alternative - I'm aware, but I'd prefer to have key coded topbox and nicely integrated rack. I had Givi rack and topbox before on my ER6F but it didn't look as nice as factory integrated solutions like in case of BMW GS or Honda VFR800X 2015.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by tecman View Post
    That is alternative - I'm aware, but I'd prefer to have key coded topbox and nicely integrated rack. I had Givi rack and topbox before on my ER6F but it didn't look as nice as factory integrated solutions like in case of BMW GS or Honda VFR800X 2015.
    Givi do make a quality product, though. I have an E46 box used as a topbox on 3 of my last 4 bikes. It's been in use by me since 1996 and I didn't buy it new! You know the Givi stuff won't leak but bespoke luggage is a lottery - the Yamaha Tenere boxes are great once you get used to the fiddly locks but I've known people with expensive bikes who have to put their gear into plastic bags as the luggage won't keep rain out.
    This space deliberately left blank as the author writes too much pretentious bollocks as it is.

I ordered one too 3 weeks ago.
    Has the gs gone back to BMW !

no, it hasn't. they told me that I don't know how to ride the bike. they said blipping throttle is not something that GS likes as it is not able to respond quickly enough, despite qs pro doing just that and it is fine. They checked all computer readings and bike doesn't show any faults. They also took it for test ride but they refused to ride it with blips! As predicted bike was working fine... but I knew that they wouldn't find the fault and they didn't ride another GS back to back,to spot immediate difference.

no, it hasn't. they told me that I don't know how to ride the bike. they said blipping throttle is not something that GS likes as it is not able to respond quickly enough, despite qs pro doing just that and it is fine. They checked all computer readings and bike doesn't show any faults. They also took it for test ride but they refused to ride it with blips! As predicted bike was working fine... but I knew that they wouldn't find the fault and they didn't ride another GS back to back,to spot immediate difference.
    As said when we met up, your dealer is useless. You're better off walking away.

They will lose out in the long run.

That's pretty much a typical response from a BMW dealer, next thing you know, they will be telling you how good the residuals are, (until you try and part-ex it!).
    “Titty bars aren't bad if you enjoy being sexually aroused without an outlet. Oh, and they're also convenient if you're in the mood for paying double the normal price for a drink. If I'm in the mood to be treated poorly while giving up large amounts of cash, I visit a BMW dealership”. RobZim

Got to love BMW dealers, I remember on the hand over of my TE the salesman saying "that's the traction control, don't mess with that"

Sales guy was told to ram it up his arse and I slated them on the BMW dealer feedback form, which they were not happy about. Generic answer these days is plug it in, check for fault codes, hand it back.

Quote Originally Posted by Fluffmeister View Post
    Got to love BMW dealers, I remember on the hand over of my TE the salesman saying "that's the traction control, don't mess with that"

Sales guy was told to ram it up his arse and I slated them on the BMW dealer feedback form, which they were not happy about. Generic answer these days is plug it in, check for fault codes, hand it back.
    Still selling plenty though
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Indeed they are it's sorcery I tell you

Dream Maker
    Quote Originally Posted by Fluffmeister View Post
    Indeed they are it's sorcery I tell you
    Sorcery and marketing......same difference
    www.unchainedtours.com

"Of all the forces that make for a better world, none is so powerful as hope.
    With hope, one can think, one can work, one can dream.
    If you have hope, you have everything."

http://www.unchainedtours.com

I wonder if the new Tracer will take any sales off the F800R/GS/GT as its Yamaha's equivalent size of bike.

so XR was no show at MCN....Ducati must be laughing now...their MTS was final product and looked great!

so XR was no show at MCN....Ducati must be laughing now...their MTS was final product and looked great!
    It looked great even in pre-release form.
    Attached Images Attached Images  
    Why so serious ?

I popped into a BMW dealer today, and there are rumours that BMW will be putting the launch of the XR back a few weeks.

I'd love a Multi, but residuals and reliability are holding me back. I've now seen 2010's for as little as £6k.

so even more delay? are they planning to release it at the end of the season?

Maybe they will punt this one out as a fully sorted package. I bet a few of us would have welcomed a delay to have properly sorted the GSLC out before delivery

Page 5 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast