MT-09 Tracer.....

Yeah - it's at the NEC, but not yet in the dealer network.

I'm keen to see it at the weekend as it could well be my next bike...

Just heard from a dealer that the RRP will be £8149 plus OTR charges.

Bit higher than I was expecting / hoping for...

Just heard from a dealer that the RRP will be £8149 plus OTR charges.

Bit higher than I was expecting / hoping for...

Still a great contender, taking into account the cost of alternative style bikes.

I see it even comes with a "Large capacity long-range 18-litre fuel tank".

I suppose in the real world, that would equate to about a buttock relieving 150-160 miles between fill ups before reserve.

It certainly looks nice.

Sons at the show today. He says at the moment, its the only stand he has seen thats absolutley swamped with people. Seems its more popular than I thought. £8149 as stated for the basic bike but I expect a bit of discount by the spring.

I'm looking forward to seeing the bike next week at the show.

I think it has quite a high seat height though. I think 835 - 845 ish.

Now I've seen & sat on it I think it could be a contender :thumb I'd definitely road test one when they come out, supposedly in the dealers Feb 2015.:cool:

I dunno.....I am not sure about this. It looks ok, but some things are kinda over-styled IMO. I'll reserve judgement until I can test ride one. There was nice legroom on the one I sat on, tho' I don't know what height they had the seat set at.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    78.3 KB · Views: 3,316
I dunno.....I am not sure about this. It looks ok, but some things are kinda over-styled IMO. I'll reserve judgement until I can test ride one. There was nice legroom on the one I sat on, tho' I don't know what height they had the seat set at.

The seat was on the lowest setting according to the Yam guy, the only downside I could see was going back to a chain :eek:

I think for £8300 its a good buy, looks quite nice in red i thought the plastics had been done in carbon wrap ! i quite liked it tbh and electric screen !! I'm sure they will sell a few of these as the stand was packed with admirers .

It could be my next bike as well, decided that the next one will be smaller. I agree it looks a bit over-styled, but not as much as the naked Kawasakis. Alongside the standard MT09 it looks a bit cheap and plasticky IMHO, but that's all I have against it right now. The semi-soft panniers fitted to the show bike would only be big enough for a pair of gloves and waterproofs, certainly not big enough for touring, they remind me of the bags KTM offered for the SMT- another bike I should have bought.

This looks like tremendous value, £8149 and it's got a centre stand, full LED headlights, traction control etc.

I was considering a VSTROM 1000 but it's hard to ignore the apparent value of this Yamaha.

The MT-09 had some cam chain tensioner issues. I'm guessing this is a problem no more?

Yamaha have just reduced their S10 to £10999 which makes the V Strom expensive. The Tracer is great value.

The Tracer looks like more fun but the S10 is probably the better long term proposition. Confused now:blast

With the cost (losses) associated with trading "up" the cost of moving from my 2011 to A.N. Other large capacity Adventure bike would almost buy one of these outright!

I am going to hold on to see if a more off-roady bike is created with the MT-07 engine, but I reckon the Mrs might want one of these tracers once a few appear on the used market, £8k new means a £6k bargain once a few appear used.

It does looked well equipped for the money.

Half the price of a GSA !!!!

<iframe width="560" height="315" src="//www.youtube.com/embed/Ac4OklXaOCA" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

Back
Top Bottom