Accross and down..

I've been up to that cross hundreds of times; it always struck me as odd that god's fans honoured god by adding to what they apparently believed was god's work.
That said it strikes me as odder by many degrees to cut it down.
Taking vandalism to a higher level or an extreme act of censorship.

It will rise again not to honour the kingdom of god but to celebrate the Kingdom of Kerry.

I've been up to that cross hundreds of times; it always struck me as odd that god's fans honoured god by adding to what they apparently believed was god's work.
I have always wondered why some people feel it is necessary to mount a cross on the top of every available hill. Not just in Ireland. Austria is worse if anything. It was wrong to put it up. It was also wrong to cut it down. The mind boggles at the fact that anyone could be bothered carrying a concrete saw such a distance.
Myke

............ The mind boggles at the fact that anyone could be bothered carrying a concrete saw such a distance.
Myke

There are plenty in Ireland who feel angry at the catholic church. That someone chose this manner in which to give expression to that anger is no surprise to me. What is surprising is that more symbols have not been vandalised.

I wonder how long it will take before its cut down again?

Resseruction

Went for a ramble yesterday - its back

Attachments

• Cross.jpg
    Cross.jpg
    31.3 KB · Views: 111

Back
Top Bottom