Montana frozen and white screen

Timolgra

reformed
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I'd been having this problem for quite a while on 3 bikes, KTM 690, 640 and Husaberg 550. (no problem on the GS).

Already tried the foam ear plug in the battery compartment to stop any movement but it was just the same even with the battery out and running only from the powered cradle. Things got a lot better when I pulled the fuse and run on battery only.

It only ever seemed to happen at high revs often combined with going fast over a very rough surface but generally at high revs.

This got me thinking to get serious with some rubber damping on the mount and holder but it still happened at high revs!:mad:

I started thinking rectifier fault or issue but surely not on 3 bikes so eventually I fitted a ferrous choke to the power cable as close as possible to the cradle (5mm chokes were £3 for 2).

The result? Just been out on the 640 and all seems fine:bounce1 although won't jump up and down too much yet as I'm using the Husaberg this weekend so will report back next week, but it's looking like it's solved :)

Pffft ....

I don't know why you didn't think of fitting a Fairr... Pherr .... Ferru.... bobble thing the first time it happened. Seems pretty obvious to me ...

Duh ....

:augie

Pffft ....

I don't know why you didn't think of fitting a Fairr... Pherr .... Ferru.... bobble thing the first time it happened. Seems pretty obvious to me ...

Duh ....

:augie

Well you could've told me that a year ago:D

Bump.

Still have the same issue on my Husaberg, pretty sure it's not vibration as the screen freezes at high revs despite the unit being rubber damped.

Back
Top Bottom