Anyone got a current model Triumph Trophy 1200?

I went to buy one as soon as they appeared in the showrooms.

Loved the looks as soon as I spied it and quickly took it off the centre stand and threw my leg over. Very nice.

Put it on the side stand to get off and, once disembarked, grabbed the bars to straighten it up prior to putting it back on the centre stand. Bloody hell, what a heave! Yes, it popped up onto the stand easily enough but it just felt so heavy getting it upright (and I owned an FJR at the time). Made me think about living with the weight on a day to day basis and felt that it was going to be an issue for me so, sadly, passed it by.

However, if you have a bit of muscle in your arms then take one out - I read that it has some fine attributes. It must carry it's weight quite high though, as heavier bikes like the Rocket are much easier to manhandle :nenau And, I presume, being a showroom bike, it was low on fuel.

Mate has one,iv ridden it often,fantastic bike,buttery smooth light as a feather on the move,loads of power,he says its the best bike he's ever owned,i dont really like the looks,but at the show saw one spec'd up and it looked quite cool,would be crap offroad but hey that doesnt stop people buying GS's so its a matter of choice..go ride one...

I just bought one, first ride out on my own a bit underwhelmed to be honest, didn't feel that quick and not too sure on the handling front !!
2nd ride was with a mate on a 1200GS LC and what a difference from the first ride, maybe on day one I was just riding it too fast or maybe I got used to it but its easily as quick as the LC and the handling was superb, got to grips with all the gadgets and the radio through the headset is so nice

all in all its no 1190 Adventure R but with id rather the comfort on my 1500 mile trip next week than the wheelie potential lol

Good bike that really don't feel anywhere near as big or heavy as it is
Rob

Back
Top Bottom