DRIFT CAMERA's which section?

bellyboy

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hi, not sure which section to post this, but I have a new drift stealth and very pleased with it I am..:D

however I bought the remote as I could see the benefits but it was only after opening the box :blast did i notice in small print that it is not water proof??

Although it looks like it might resist some water I wondered if anyone has experience of using one and its reistance to the wet stuff.. cheers

:thumb2

They are being cautious with the term......

They are pretty much impervious to rain.

Al

Why would you think it's waterproof when Drift haven't even hinted at such IP?

Had the remote with my Drift HD Ghost for about 18 months. It's attached with velcro to the trim to the left of the nearside speaker on the RT dashboard. Has been there every time the bike has been out, in 35 degree sun to torrential (think biblical proportions) downpours. Never had a problem with moisture ingress at all. It's wise to always make sure you cover up the USB charging port with the rubber bung though.

In fact I never even thought for a minute it wouldn't be waterproof until reading your post. Mine came with the camera and not as an optional extra. The documentation and packaging said the system is waterproof, so I took that to include the supplied remote.

I've had mine out in the rain lots of times and had water ingress only once, it stopped working for a few days while it dried out then it was right as rain again.

:thumb

Thanks for all replies..I had mad the assumtion as camera waterproof that the remote would be also ... :comfort

But I am reasured by replies and will go forth and see what happens!,, cheers :thumb2

Thanks for all replies..I had mad the assumtion as camera waterproof that the remote would be also ... :comfort

But I am reasured by replies and will go forth and see what happens!,, cheers :thumb2

The camera ISN'T waterproof , it's water resistant!

Back
Top Bottom