Tyres for Bonneville T100

Northern jock

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
I bought a T100 in the spring, nice bike, really like it (especially with the loud pipes on it).

Just not convinced about the original tyres in it, skittish, not great in the wet, follow lines in the tarmac, leap off white lines - a bit like old Jap tyres

I read a comment in Bike mag the other day where they said they had put Continental Trailattack 2's onto their Scrambler Bonnie and it had transformed it so I'm wondering if they would work on mine

Any tyre recommendations? Be good to know before buying some

Changed the original Bridstones on my Scrambler for Avon Distanzias and they also transformed the bike for the better. Sure the contis would do the same
Triumph have a habit of not putting the best tyres on the retro twins!

Sent from my SM-T310 using Tapatalk

+1 for the Avon Roadriders. Good in wet and dry and seem to last much longer than the crap OE Metzelers on mine which were shot at 3000 rear and 4000 front

+1 for the Avon Roadriders. Good in wet and dry and seem to last much longer than the crap OE Metzelers on mine which were shot at 3000 rear and 4000 front

Is that on a T100 (rather than Scrambler)?

Beginning to sound more retro, almost Avon Roadrunners!

Conti go, not great lasting, but great grip,

Forget the roadsliders, ok in the dry, ok ish in the wet, but dire between the two, they do last a long time though, one of the few tyres where I have removed even though the tread was like new, and I am that tight I squeak when I walk, the Go seem to have more grip in winter when bald, than the roadsliders new in the middle of summer.

Based on using the roadsliders on a few bikes, but not the Bonnie I had, it was dangerouse on my 800rt, which would step out in the wet if pushed a bit, yes really a 800RT,

I have a 100RT, which has the conti Go's on it, much better, rear just replaced with new:thumb

Finished up putting the Avon's on and very happy with them. The comparison to the originals is night and day so I suspect any change will be an improvement. I had forgotten how crap bad tyres can be till I got the Bonnie

Back
Top Bottom