Perhaps a new Super Tenere.....

It's a very old bike - regardless of the Reg plate on it.

My understanding is that those silver ones with the silver side panels were the "first edition" models. So it's a 2010 model.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

The deal is done, I should get the bike week commencing 12th January. I have ordered a 2014 model without the remotely adjustable suspension, in blue with OE accessories including the Yamaha panniers and rack, spot lights, heated grips, wind deflectors, and centre stand. I intend to fit a Pyramid hugger and Fenda extenda, also Altrider engine/protection bars.
I enjoyed the test ride, I found the bike to be comfortable, the engine smooth compared to the Stelvio, the low speed fuelling was better than the Guzzi making the bike easier to ride around town, the centre of gravity felt lower making the bike feel lighter although on paper their weights are fairly similar. I liked the two throttle modes and for the most part was happy to ride about in 'Tour' mode, but in sport the bike picked up its heels and went well, it's certainly fast enough for me. I had more wind buffeting than on the Stelvio, and the Yamaha screen is not as easily adjustable as the Italian one. The standard exhaust on the Yam is quieter than the Guzzi, and partly because of that I think the Yam lacks some of the character the Guzzi has, also the Stelvio V twin feels a bit more lively.
I know I'll miss the Stelvio it is a great bike, but after five and a half years I'm ready for a change. I can't understand why they are under rated by the press, but the Yam is also one of those bikes that's generally under the radar with the press, usually undervalued, but then it seems that it's all about BHP these days. I was tempted by a Multistrada, it's a lovely looking bike, the KTM 1190 was also on the cards but I thought about it rationaly and realised I just don't need 150bhp, it'll either kill me or get me banned. I think the reputation of the Tenere reliability won the day, and its looks have grown on me as well.
I hope I enjoy the next five or so years with it as much as I have with my two Stelvios.

Well done. I'm sure you'll love it.

For the "character" you speak of, consider the yamaha accessory akrapovic exhaust?

Sounds great without being too loud - doesn't get on your nerves touring but adds a bit of noise to acceleration. It also saves a good few kilos in weight! I love the akra on mine. Wouldn't have it without.

It's a very old bike - regardless of the Reg plate on it.

My understanding is that those silver ones with the silver side panels were the "first edition" models. So it's a 2010 model.

Nope, First edition were (a very nice) Blue and Silver and had a First Edition sticker on them as well. I think some in the same colour scheme were also around in 2011 (probably manufactured for 2010) but not 1st edition models (no difference apart from Yamaha chucking some extra's on them in 2010 and charging a huge amount)

That Silver was a 2011 colour, and may have been kept for 2012 - but it is certainly not a 2014 bike, although as the spec was the same from 2011 through to 2013 I would view it as a 2013 model on a 2014 plate - and still a bit of a bargain.

If I was buying now I would pay a bit more and get a 2014 brand new bike in Blue for £9999.

Yeah agreed but then again that's an asking price of £8995 so sure to be some wiggle room plus it has a few extras without checking the link. I notice Colin appleyards have the specced up version brand new for £10495. Great value bikes.

Yeah agreed but then again that's an asking price of £8995 so sure to be some wiggle room plus it has a few extras without checking the link. I notice Colin appleyards have the specced up version brand new for £10495. Great value bikes.

That deal is not for the specced up one, just the standard Z model which is cheaper elsewhere. Their picture is misleading though.

Nope, First edition were (a very nice) Blue and Silver and had a First Edition sticker on them as well. I think some in the same colour scheme were also around in 2011 (probably manufactured for 2010) but not 1st edition models (no difference apart from Yamaha chucking some extra's on them in 2010 and charging a huge amount)

That Silver was a 2011 colour, and may have been kept for 2012 - but it is certainly not a 2014 bike, although as the spec was the same from 2011 through to 2013 I would view it as a 2013 model on a 2014 plate - and still a bit of a bargain.

you are right - i remember now - a metallic light blue with silver for the 1st edtiions - i think they came with luggage included didn't they?

you have a silver one don't you? - i always like the look of the silver wheels i think they are a bit different looking to the rest of the market.

you are right - i remember now - a metallic light blue with silver for the 1st edtiions - i think they came with luggage included didn't they?

you have a silver one don't you? - i always like the look of the silver wheels i think they are a bit different looking to the rest of the market.

I still think White ones look best, but when I got mine it was impossible to find a great deal on White ones, they were selling far better without big discounts, Silver and Black were the other colours when I was looking and I preferred Silver.

1st Edition came with luggage, and I think a Bash Plate and Headlight protector were also chucked in, can't see them becoming collectors items, but I said the same of the FS1E and RD250LC that I sold for peanuts.

I've had a polite reminder that I forgot to put up some images of the S10 with Worldbeaters on it. Sorted now.

The only modification to the bike was to adjust the line of the exhaust to put it a bit closer to the wheel and cut away part of the plastic silencer trim to allow the pannier to fit closer to the standard silencer. I applied the heat resistant material taken from the scrap part of the plastic to the pannier itself. Total width across the boxes is 95cm. The handlebars with the hand guards but without the muffs are about 101cm across. The panniers are 10" wide so don't take a full face helmet. They did however take everything I needed for a month long non camping trip including spares, tools, compressor, 5 litre fuel can, heated waistcoat etc. The spares were because the boxes were on a BMW at the time :)

iframe>

iframe>

iframe>

iframe>

iframe>

iframe>

I bought mine brand new in October 2013 from Dudley Motorcycles.

Fully kitted out with heated grips and full luggage and fog lots etc.

I paid 12k but with 0% finance over 3 years.

The main change I made is to fit a Nitron rear shock. Has totally transformed the handling. I also fitted a Touratech adjustable screen frame which was a godsend in Croatia this year when the temp hit the mid 40's.

Mine's a 2014 ES so it has all the bells and whistles...got it in May at 11 months old and 1900 miles for £10K

Need to add a set of Ard Cases and I'll be set up for next spring :thumb2

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 494
Only just seen this thread...guess your sorted now but did you try the triumph explorer? Awesome bikes with the power of the ktm nearly, super smooth and torquey engine, reliable shaft and good deals with the new model out next year

Back
Top Bottom