Battery/charger questions.

Robbie65

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Hello guys,
While trying to resolve a charging issue and to eliminate these from my quest, can anyone advise on a good replacement unit. I've seen a few different types including the Odyssey 680 dry cell though to be honest, I,m clueless.
So can someone please advise on the pros/cons and indeed which one, and also the best charger to have for maintenance.
Thanks in advance to anyone who can help.

Yes its a canbus, or tug up the seat :blagblah.....
Just trying to get the general on the right way.
Searches led to ......searches !!

I have an odyssey om my hexhead and its been great - truly fit and forget. On my K bike I have a Wesco amd that's been great too, still good at 8 years old.

Thanks guys, its a 2005 1150gsa. 16000 on clock of which I have put 2k. I suppose the time in storage hasn't done the battery any good. It had only done 5 miles between the last 2 MOTs.

The OEM BMW (Exide) gel battery is a good bet unless you can get something else decent for a lot less money. Pretty much any maintenance charger (takes the battery up to 14.something volts then backs off to 13.whatever float charge) should be fine; you're pre-CAN so your either fitting pigtails to the battery or charging via the accessory socket, no smarts needed to keep the bike from disconnecting the socket.

Back
Top Bottom