Bimble ride on the Saturday

Please add me to the list for the Bimble ride on Saturday

Cheers

Zach

Decision made.

But for a quick refurb of the trailer, we'll definitely be on the solos. Haven't managed to get out on the sidecar since last September and new job isn't going to give me much time for it this year either, so it'll be staying at home.

1200's ready for anything, now I've striped the ABS off it. Just got to get used to old fashioned brakes again. :confused: So as I said before I'll be happy to back-mark one of the rides. Even invested in a new pair of waterproof trousers :rob

Val.

Bounce! Grow your hair? Yeh right :blast

I went for a recce ride with Andrew and his better half Julie yesterday.

I think you'll all have a great ride out if the weather hold out.

Big thank you to Andrew for finding some wonderful little lanes/roads :thumb

After the recce day with Phil have taken Buxton out so less chance of the starburst effect,also have added in an old favourite from STD1 done opposite way round. Ice cream mid afternoon all locally sourced:drool
Had a run round Saturday morning on new bits of route including a few alterations, Minn Lane on accent had a landslide following torrential rain:eek:

Took Julie on it Sunday to see if it was offroad novice friendly:green gri She was well impressed with her sen. Will post some photos later. If the groups dont want to tackle it no problem an alternative bimble is available.

Lunch at a reasonably priced cafe.

Afternoon Ice cream or refreshments.

Fuelled and ready for the off group 1 at 10 am and group 2 at 10.30am.

Can do 9.30am and 10am if you like.

All welcome.

Hopefully the weather will be better this year as the views are even better this year.:thumby:

On Ascent up Minn Lane.

Well worth having a go for the views alone. Might even take a shovel and make a better track

Andrew

Last edited:
I'd really like to come along, and have sent a PM to Bill. Does anyone know if there are any B&B's or pubs with rooms near to the bash, and whether we can just turn up and pay for food/ drink each evening?

I like giving Phil a bit of stick, so i'll sneak in on his ride and make his day!:D

I'd really like to come along, and have sent a PM to Bill. Does anyone know if there are any B&B's or pubs with rooms near to the bash, and whether we can just turn up and pay for food/ drink each evening?

I'd love to put ya up, but our house is a bit mad at the mo (plus the XR might have to go missing :D).

A quick search online gets the woodlands in mow cop (very close), outdoor swimming pool, 90 acres of woodland. Might be worth a try on 01782 518877?

If not Congleton has the Lion & Swan (01260 273115) central location or the Alexandra court hotel (01260 297871)

I don't think it works like that

It's Bill party & he has set a limit - with a reserve list in numerical order

It's not a turn up type thing, more a private party

If there are peeps I'm front of you on the list, they get first chance

You should have decided lady December ;)

I don't think it works like that

It's Bill party & he has set a limit - with a reserve list in numerical order

It's not a turn up type thing, more a private party

If there are peeps I'm front of you on the list, they get first chance

You should have decided lady December ;)

You're quite right, and I've pm'd Bill.

Have a good one folks.:thumb

Is anyone planning to guide an off road ride out ? (calling Chesterfield) :D

I will be running my usual trail ride Saturday if anyone is interested - It will be steady and as easy as it can be. I would love to accompany yer all Friday afternoon as well. I may learn a few more lanes. I would like to offer be back man on Friday as well if it helps.
Mick :thumby:

See, that's why we love the STD because we can all share a thread :D

I wish I could go off roading with ma bessie mate:tears:tears

I will be running my usual trail ride Saturday if anyone is interested - It will be steady and as easy as it can be.
Mick :thumby:
Thanks Mick.
I don't think there's a Friday ride is there?

Rideouts Saturday,
Have included a lovely over moorland road Minn Lane that Phil found for STD 1 well worth it for views. The accent has lots of rough Tarmac/gravel washed down a couple of weeks ago. Have been up and down it at its worst,good fun.
Yesterday rode over it several times to bed it down left side going up. Rest is still exciting:augie but doable.

Main reason for last run other than to use Big Gert The Rhino Adv bike steamroller was to map out an alternative to miss that lane out. Have done this and will print out or post a gdb file for anyone not wanting to softroad. Predominantly small roads,gravel,cow pats , all excellent for us Tesco Carpark riding gods:bounce1

I hope you have a route for all the Campers/Cars and Harleys..?

Mr Twizzle, Harley's or any bike could do the routes. :cool:
The Campervan peeps, loads of 50 mph roads for them to clog up int Peaks. I think though that they will want to stop at Bills Oasis of Pleasure :bounce1

Rideouts Saturday,
Have included a lovely over moorland road Minn Lane that Phil found for STD 1 well worth it for views. The accent has lots of rough Tarmac/gravel washed down a couple of weeks ago. Have been up and down it at its worst,good fun.
Yesterday rode over it several times to bed it down left side going up. Rest is still exciting:augie but doable.

Main reason for last run other than to use Big Gert The Rhino Adv bike steamroller was to map out an alternative to miss that lane out. Have done this and will print out or post a gdb file for anyone not wanting to softroad. Predominantly small roads,gravel,cow pats , all excellent for us Tesco Carpark riding gods:bounce1

Thanks Andrew, I'd like to add that I will be taking the first group at 9.30am and no puffs shall be catered for, we will be doing min lane (unless it's raining in which case I'll be staying in the barn with a warm cocoa) :rob

Back
Top Bottom