Bimble ride on the Saturday

Flipfly

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Once again Andrew and I will pick our brains to come up with an interesting bimble ride for the collective.
Last year was wet and the views were a bit rubbish because of it, so hopefully the weather will be kind this year and allow us to soak up gods country in full technicolour :thumby:
Please ensure you have a full tank of petrol at the start of the day!!!

Lunch will consist of copious calories, so if you are dieting please bring you own Rivitas :D

Thx Phil/Andrew...I'm in as long as the sun is shining & the roads are bone dry :cool::cool::cool:

Ride Out

Yo Fil,

I'm hoping to be bringing my 1200 (for a change) This being the case I'll happily back mark one of the rides. Much quicker than the sidecar I'm sure you'll agree :D

Val.

Yo Fil,

I'm hoping to be bringing my 1200 (for a change) This being the case I'll happily back mark one of the rides. Much quicker than the sidecar I'm sure you'll agree :D

Val.

Thank fook for that :D:thumb

Val H :bow:bow for doing the last two rideouts on the sidecar. Your decision to do this years run on your 1200 is a Top New Years Resolution . :augie:D

As Flipfly originally posted Rideout formula as previous years,two groups.May need three if enough interest.
Have put a few roads together and once discussed and finalised with Phil anyone offering to help out do come over and ride the route through.

Have had a few bimbles around Staffordshire and the Peak District looking for some inspiration for this years STD3 rideout. The last 2 years routes were grand but rain stopped us enjoying the stunning views from the high level routes last year.:tears
This year have pulled in a few old favourites and added some new roads.
Thought about Holmfirth as a Lunch stop (still open to this) gets a bit busy for parking lots of bikes. Have found a little café that will accommodate us all in two groups. Plenty of alternate coffee and ice cream venues.
It’s a Bimble , there are opportunities for folk who want to ride making good progress, couple of very open roads of several miles for the enthusiastic rider.:moped:

Anyone happy to be TEC make it known. Keith you are reprieved as you helped out last year. :D
Will use drop off if big group otherwise as last year.
Julie might oblige as TEC :clap but she does like to take lots of photos
You may recognise a few of the places , all subject to change as the route is under review,so many good roads so little time.
Having words with the weather gods.:D

Some crap winter photos
Before Mother Nature Transforms it all.

and (after pics to follow):beerjug:

Andrew...if it rains like it did last year, I'm staying put in the caravan!!!!!! ;)

Andrew...if it rains like it did last year, I'm staying put in the caravan!!!!!! ;)

Fanny! It's not like your hair will get wet :D

Andrew, will be in touch shortly for a conflab re the route.

Just re read the blurb I posted above,

In the spirit of STD 1 and 2 lets keep the ride outs as relaxed and laid back as the event itself (BILL :bow) As Phil says a Bimble, time to take it all in and see the scenery. None of this racing around point to point. Chill :beerjug::spl1f:

Back
Top Bottom