Spada explorer trousers

Simian73

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
As above, anybody got these? Looking at replacing my old frank Thomas pants and max budget is around £100-£130. Found some good deals on the spada explorer pants at £80. Saw them at the bike show and looked pretty good, also a British make which I didn't know. The frank Thomas pants have been fantastic, still waterproof, solid build, dead comfy (why am I replacing them?). They have a plastic type finish on the inside so you tend to sweat pretty bad (I always wear under trousers). Only ever use the thermal linings when it's near freezing. Just need a decent replacement. Don't start recommending Klim £800 pants and say you get what you pay for!!

I have Spada and RST, both are good gear on a budget, and neither has ever leaked. I have two pairs of RST trousers, one with the fixed waterproof liner and one with the removable liner, both are brilliant although the removable liner did make my legs sweat a bit in warm wet weather, so I keep the those for warmer weather and carry separate waterproof over-trousers.

Worth looking at RST, the quality's good and the armour is much better than the Spada.

Weise make decent kit too. Richa do well in tests.

As above, anybody got these? ...........
........Don't start recommending Klim £800 pants and say you get what you pay for!!

I use Explorer trousers.
They are good.
Never leaked, and removable liner and waterproof liner. They also dry out damned quick, much quicker than the Held stuff I had previously.
If there's a criticism, IMO the knee protection isn't sufficiently adjustable.
But if I were you, I wouldn't buy the stuff from the twats in Hull who are SPADA stockist.
Whilst the company may be British, the gear is probably manufactured same place as BMW/Rukka, in Pakighanistan.

Thanks for feedback, I ended up,with some rst pro series adventure trousers, these where on offer at £140. They feel very comfortable stood up and walking so see how they are on the bike.

I have the Spada Explorer jacket and trousers. I bought one of these just over a year ago. Its probably had about 5000 miles on the bike. I have to say the quality is questionable. There is stitching coming undone. The seals on the zips are failing. One zip has failed all together so I cannot use the pocket.

I have some trousers less than a year old (put on a bit of weight :() and the stitching is coming undone on those as well. I bought this jacket hoping it would last me as I plan to do some serious miles this year. As it stands I have had to replace the jacket just before a long trip I was planning next month. Its a shame as I was initially very impressed with the jacket when I bought it.

I have had the jacket just over a year and I can't find my receipts so I can't return them.

I have emailed Spada.

Spada are bringing out a new model in 2015 so the Explorer trousers have been reduced to £64.94 and you will still get your two year warranty when you register your purchase. http://www.bargainbikerbrands.com/spada-explorer-touring-textile-trousers-3711.html

Thats where I got my stuff from. Great shop, highly recommend a visit

Back
Top Bottom