Old coach road near Keswick

Have you by any chance down the BMW off road course ? If so, how does the terrain compare?

No I havent, I've been meaning too, when the rental house house sells and I'm not paying for two mortgages and bills its on the shoppping list.

I don't mean to insult those dont use their bikes anywhere other than tarmac and on sunny days, but to treat the GS like a Chelsea Tractor is to have missed the point of what the bike is about, at the end of the day its only metal and plastic and can be replaced, as long as you have a good set of crash bars for damage limitation riding on green lanes is very rewarding and worth the risk.

No where else can you just cruise along at 10mph to just admire the fantastic view and stop for a chat with people along the way.

No I havent, I've been meaning too, when the rental house house sells and I'm not paying for two mortgages and bills its on the shoppping list.

I don't mean to insult those dont use their bikes anywhere other than tarmac and on sunny days, but to treat the GS like a Chelsea Tractor is to have missed the point of what the bike is about, at the end of the day its only metal and plastic and can be replaced, as long as you have a good set of crash bars for damage limitation riding on green lanes is very rewarding and worth the risk.

No where else can you just cruise along at 10mph to just admire the fantastic view and stop for a chat with people along the way.

Lot easier and cheaper on a smaller, sub 400cc dirt bike though ~ less chance of damaging yourself too

Just saying.....

I'm teasing, I have a triple black that's gorgeous and am planning a few trips this year with friends.
A few have road bikes not off road capable bikes so its usually roads.

I did the BMW off-road course and am doing it again this April ( loved it) as my biggest take away from it was how durable the bike is and what it can do and then abuse it can take. I wanted to do this before taking mine seriously off road.

I've a wedding in the lakes in August so may do it then but i don't have time to start changing wheels and tyres or a place to store things like that.

It's not really Chelsea tractor I'm just lucky it looks mint and I wanted the off-road skills before I took mine off-road.

Back
Top Bottom