Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Beta Alp 4.0

getting away with it so far! Click here to find out how to Subscribe

Beta Alp 4.0

I've only gone and ordered one.

Went up to that Yorkcestershire this morning and had a sit on Mr Lampkin's very own Alp and decided that I was having one.

Went to Colin Appleyard and ordered one with a few blingy bits that I need and a few that JB suggested.

Should be with me in a couple of weeks all being well.

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    You won't be disappointed, I have a 2010 model and it is brilliant for laneing, fast enough to have fun, simple enough to fix and sensible service intervals.
    R1200GS Triple black! Lovely
    R1200C Montauk -lovely

Good news, did you get the bashplate link and sort it?
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

Thanks for the comments.

I did get the bash plate link thanks. I'll get one at some point soon. Apparently, they do one for the 200 but not the 4.0.

Quote Originally Posted by tuftywhite View Post
    Thanks for the comments.

I did get the bash plate link thanks. I'll get one at some point soon. Apparently, they do one for the 200 but not the 4.0.
    The link I sent you to Andreas in Germany is the best Alp4 one in production ~ Beta don't do one for it, crazy
    JohnnyBoxer

So many roads...........So little time......

I've only gone and ordered one.
    Brilliant. There were at least two at the Exeter trial at the weekend, and at least one of them went round clean.

Land's End entries open on 14th Jan or thereabouts

There's an Alp 4.0 blog here.

If you want to go touring on it here's a luggage rack.

Thanks Ian, good to know. I was in touch with the blog chap last year. He doesn't live too far away from me, just the other side of Nottingham if I remember correctly.

Luggage rack looks very effective, but I'll stick with my old g/s and RT for touring with that much luggage.

(Ian, I know you want my g/s but suggesting fettles for the Alp isn't going to do it! )

I think it's time you retired the G/S

Who would need one having such a versatile machine as the Alp? I hope it will see some action in the LE.

Blog Entries
    Just read this. Excellent news. You can show me round the trails in your neck of the woods.
    Congrats on the purchase.

Quote Originally Posted by Timaloy View Post
    Just read this. Excellent news. You can show me round the trails in your neck of the woods.
    Congrats on the purchase.
    I don't know many, we can go and find them out together. I'll let you know when it arrives.

Blog Entries
    We'll rope Mikey & Andres in.

Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbray
    I don't know many, we can go and find them out together. I'll let you know when it arrives.
    Get the local o/s maps I would be happy to highlight the local lanes,only problem is there are three different maps to this area
    overland and classic

Blog Entries
    Quote Originally Posted by mikeyboy View Post
    Get the local o/s maps I would be happy to highlight the local lanes,only problem is there are three different maps to this area
    Already got them as I do a few Sportives round that way. Was banking on more of a guided tour with some of your lovely wife's delicious bacon butties thrown in tbh.

Already got them as I do a few Sportives round that way. Was banking on more of a guided tour with some of your lovely wife's delicious bacon butties thrown in tbh.
    Jeez, you don't want much. I'll do you a bacon sandwich then we'll go and explore. I think I've got the maps too, just need to find out which box they're in.

Can't wait to take delivery. I'll phone them this week to find out how the fettles are progressing.

Overland and classic,vale of belvoir,Melton Mowbray

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

Ah,guided tour,if you are coming over this way I hope you are happy to spend a few days cleaning your bike/kit, It's a proper mudbath
    I tend not to do the local lanes at this time of year it really is horrible.
    You would be better off heading up the Peak District,or pick a really cold day when the ground is frozen,tho it may hurt a bit more WHEN the pair of you fall off
    Joking aside, if you are coming down to tufty,s you could swing by the workshop and I will point you at some decent lanes that won't be too chewed up and rutted so you can get used to your new bikes
    Mike
    overland and classic

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast