Klim or rukka

Rukka for me....I've got the ArmaS jacket and focus trousers. They're expensive, but brilliant, and it'll be the last suit you buy :thumb2

Rukka for me....I've got the ArmaS jacket and focus trousers. They're expensive, but brilliant, and it'll be the last suit I'll buy :thumb2

Fixed that for you.....

Here's my opinion: I recently sold my trusty HG Master V combo due to losing a few pounds and bought a new pair of Klim Latitude 840 pants (non Misano) and a used Badlands Pro jacket. Both items fit me better than the HG suit did: the trousers are a bit stiff, but they'll apparently soften up over time. Quality is top notch and as a 3 layer Gore Tex construction for both jacket/pants, I'd expect them to be a great water barrier.

As I said, the jacket was used (lightly) and the first thing that struck me was how heavy it was....but as soon as you wear it, the weight disappears. Quality is excellent as you'd expect - plenty of pockets and vents (as well as chest armour) and paired with a Penn soft shell jacket from TK Maxx (£16) it should be warm enough as well.

The HG Master V suit was pretty amazing as well and I think that was up there with the quality & design of the Rukka gear, but at a slightly reduced cost (not initially though). I don't think you can split the quality of Klim/Rukka either: both offer exceptional, top end garments, with a slightly different outlook in regards to design and possibly end user requirements and depending on your circumstances, one is not better than the other.

Klim is working for me right now, but it might not be the last suit I'll buy!

D.

I'd be happy with either and would choose on fit first and then price.

At the moment I have a Rukka suit which I bought second hand from another forum subscriber. I use it as a winter suit as I have vented Hein Gericke stuff for summer.

Helmet City have some Rukka jackets in their sale - might be worth a look if you have a branch near you and they have stock.

Back
Top Bottom