5 Pole Nexus

Status
Not open for further replies.

Turkish

Reaction score
I have just purchased a Shoei Multitec which came with pre installed Sonic in-helmet comms which has a mic and earphones. My problem is that the kit has a 5 Pole Nexus jack and I need to plug this into a Garmin 660 satnav.

Has anyone either bought an a 3.5mm adapter or re-wired to 3.5mm jack, and what were your experiences.

All help, before I butcher the kit, greatly appreciated.

p.s. Not great with electrics, but willing to give things a go

I have just purchased a Shoei Multitec which came with pre installed Sonic in-helmet comms which has a mic and earphones. My problem is that the kit has a 5 Pole Nexus jack and I need to plug this into a Garmin 660 satnav.

Has anyone either bought an a 3.5mm adapter or re-wired to 3.5mm jack, and what were your experiences.

All help, before I butcher the kit, greatly appreciated.

p.s. Not great with electrics, but willing to give things a go

for starters you will need a female Nexus socket to connect to a male 3.5mm socket and you will need to know the wiring for the nexus socket on the helmet.

unless you have existing comms kit on the bike or use the helmet on another bike which requires a nexus socket you may be better off removing the sonic kit and installing either an autocom or you can go down the route of in ear speakers with appropriate 3.5mm jack.

the other factor to consider is whether or not the earpieces on the helmet will work with the output of the garmin.

It isn't as simple as knocking up an adaptor lead and connecting everything together.

you may be better off contacting sonics and asking them for advice and if they can make up a lead for you.

Cheers FBF,

I think I'll bite the bullet and invest in a new set up.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom