New toy. Honda nc750xd

Thanks foggy. It's only 7 weeks old so didn't apparently need the instrument panel changing as it was built after they were aware of the issue. Luggage lock is fine as well.

Those are Dunlop tyres it came with. It is a uk bike though so I'm not sure why you say they don't come with them? The dealer did say if they were an issue honda would swap them. I know they've been wearing out in less than 1500 miles. Now I've got s decent shock they feel much better.

Out and about on the NC today and took it along the Gartree road. Easy run for most of the route

NC%20on%20Gartree%20Rd%202_zpsjse9hxef.jpg

It has a few muddy, rutted sections. I'm pleased to say the DCT works very well. The only down side is the wide front tyre is a little awkward on mud and gravel.

NC%20on%20Gartree%20Rd%203_zpsu5wbwmcx.jpg

Did an economy run today. Zeroed the trip and Mpg then did a very steady 20 miles through the country roads to the outskirts of Nottingham. Didn't exceed 60 and did most of it at 55.

Pretty impressive MPG. By the time I'd ridden through Notts and back home it was down to 84mpg. Still cheap biking.

97%20mpg_zpsmvqpmixw.jpg

Bloody hell! If that's a real figure ie the computer is right then that really is amazing. A bit more steady and your at 100 mpg thats 125cc land.

If your after fugal motoring it can't get any better

Glad you're still liking it Rob and them is flipping impressive mpg figures!

Do you reckon it's a keeper then and is there any other mods you're considering?

Andres

Bloody hell! If that's a real figure ie the computer is right then that really is amazing. A bit more steady and your at 100 mpg thats 125cc land.

If your after fugal motoring it can't get any better

I couldn't ride like that all the time it'd drive me insane.
I've been thrashing the arse off it recently. The worst mpg is 66 so still ok

Glad you're still liking it Rob and them is flipping impressive mpg figures!

Do you reckon it's a keeper then and is there any other mods you're considering?

Andres

Swapping the shock was the big step and transformed the bikes handling.
Apart from that I've just fitted a msinstand and a gps, givi pannier frames swapped for sw motech. That'll do me I think it's a good bike. Sits at 85-90 no problem and is s hoot to thrash about on. If you wait for the auto box to kick down and then thumb the gear down button it accelerates at a fair rate of knots.

Sounds like a lot of fun and they seam to be really holding they're money which is another bonus

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Back
Top Bottom