Pricing of new RT's ?

Get the pray mat out and worship the bank stamen :D

If you read Neil W statements here & on the BMW Club forum

He sorely regrets parting with £16000 for his 1200 GSA WC & wishes he'd never seen the bloody thing

That testimonial speaks volumes for me & he has had enough bikes to know a good one from a bad one :)

If you read Neil W statements here & on the BMW Club forum

He sorely regrets parting with £16000 for his 1200 GSA WC & wishes he'd never seen the bloody thing

That testimonial speaks volumes for me & he has had enough bikes to know a good one from a bad one :)

....................and there was me thinking my 1200 GSA WC was the best of the previous 9 GS's I have owned so far - how delusional must I be :comfort

....................and there was me thinking my 1200 GSA WC was the best of the previous 9 GS's I have owned so far - how delusional must I be :comfort

Yep, one bad review is enough for JB to make his mind up!:rolleyes::D

So let me get this right, the dealer adds on a spurious cost, in this case the paint, then offers to take it away as "special" discount, as if he is doing you a real favour.

The nitrogen in the tyre will cost £1000 pounds sir, but as a favour to you we will wave the cost, adding your discount up to 20%

Bargain or what......

:blast

Yep, one bad review is enough for JB to make his mind up!:rolleyes::D

I think there have been a few more :)

Still, like I said they are not for everyone universally

It's not compulsory - is it?

I'm going to have a look at the S10 this Spring

Now that does look like a mighty fine motorcycle to me (others may not agree), with a decent reliability record so far

We are & it's saved us £16000 :)

All good ;)

And that's just off the repair bills :augie:D

The 1150 works for me. The 1200GS is a fine handler and is quicker, but it just isn't about speed for me, if it was I wouldn't ride a GS.

I rode the WC and it handles well, has more power than the previous 1200 etc etc, but I don't need anymore than what I already have.

The newer bikes may have more bells and whistles if that's what you want, I prefer a more pure form of motorcycle.

And that's just off the repair bills :augie:D

The 1150 works for me. The 1200GS is a fine handler and is quicker, but it just isn't about speed for me, if it was I wouldn't ride a GS.

I rode the WC and it handles well, has more power than the previous 1200 etc etc, but I don't need anymore than what I already have.

The newer bikes may have more bells and whistles if that's what you want, I prefer a more pure form of motorcycle.

Summed up my thoughts exactly

Same for me - 1150 GSA is my perfect bike

For others it isn't & I understand that

The 1200 WC is a great bike for many

Sorry Guys but having just priced up a new RT1200 this is correct. Cheapest paint option is £125, change introduced for 2015 and I think it is disgusting, there should be a no cost basic paint option but there isn't on the RT1200. Not all models affected by this change, no idea why they hit the RT1200 with this, the KT1600 is no charge.

Sam

Last summer all the RTs were grounded, loan bikes , compensation , etc etc .... Some one has got to pay for all that ....looks like the new RT owners then !

I wonder how many people on here, who say we are tight fisted over a paint charge, then themselves whinge and moan when their gas goes up or doesn't come down enough ??

Anyone would think it a crime to say BMW are taking the piss over these paint charges.

I wonder how many people on here, who say we are tight fisted over a paint charge, then themselves whinge and moan when their gas goes up or doesn't come down enough ??

Anyone would think it a crime to say BMW are taking the piss over these paint charges.

Not a crime

Just a piss take to the gullible buyer

Not a crime

Just a piss take to the gullible buyer

Why not take the piss out of gullible buyers ?. They charge extra for a gizmo to help you change gear, and a gizmo to help you keep the brake on, and people fall over themselves with praise for being ripped off for something which a decent rider doesn't need anyway. So they will love paying extra for paint. Ive heard next year you will be paying extra for an engine, wheels and a seat :D

I get my bikes from Rainbow Motorcycles, have done for years, its a bike business, I don,t think I have ever seen a sign out side the shop that says it is a registered Charity :confused:

I get my bikes from Rainbow Motorcycles, have done for years, its a bike business, I don,t think I have ever seen a sign out side the shop that says it is a registered Charity :confused:

As we have seen with numerous businesses, like Energy companies & Banks, there is making a profit and err being a charity.

As we have seen with numerous businesses, like Energy companies & Banks, there is making a profit and err being a charity.

I am talking about Rainbow a small family owned bike business, who may be employs 10 to 15 people, I just don't under stand how/why you are comparing them to Energy companies and Banks ?

Back
Top Bottom