Heed engine bars, anyone fitted them ?

ymfb

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
has anyone bought and fitted engine bars manufactured by Heed ?

did they fit OK and are they good quality.

I've fitted them to my 2004 F650GS.
The video is misleading the design has been changed so the BMW lower bars can still be used with these bars.
Overall I'm pleased, my only gripe is that the front beak catches the bars thus reducing full lock on the steering. Not a problem on the road just when manoeuvering the bike. I've wrapped some foam to the bars and stuck black foam to the beak so the paint doesn't mark.
And yes, my bike IS in my front room.

Photo%2021-03-2015%2017%2053%2046_zpska7qtnto.jpg
[/IMG]

Different model, but I fitted them to my 1150.

The paint on the heed bars is wafer thin, the rubber seals on the joints aren't great so the insides of the tubes soon start rusting.
The fit isnt bad, a bit of pulling and tapping and they all came together.

Dropping the bike off road broke one of the stubs that fit on the frame.

They are not great quality but they are reasonable value.

The welds are reasonably good looking.

I'f you slung the bike down the road I'm not sure how well they would stand up, but minor spills should be fine.

Fitted some puig ones very solid and dont stick out very far but when the bike is on its side they seem to protect well

5983n-1.jpg

Heed bars

Yes, just finished fitting them to my '57 plate 1200 GS. The quality is surprisingly good, they arrived within 5 days and came with adequate fitting instructions. The most daunting thing I found was tightening the bolts into the engine casing as there are no torque setting details. My only real concern is that the top fixings use quite small bolts, but this seems to be the case with all bars I have seen for the 1200.

Back
Top Bottom