BMW VIN decoder

Thanks Nutty, this is what I was looking for for the heated grip thread! Nice one.

just run mine through and as the salesman said it is a 2015 model ….

Not always correct, I put both mine through and the info is entirely different for same models and doesn't match with the official BMW System VIN printout that already I hold on each bike:blast

So, take it with a pinch of salt, if you want the entirely correct version, ask your BMW dealer to print off all the official BMW VIN info for your bike ~ including all warranty work:D

And me.:thumb

JB was obviously told his bikes are newer than they are!:augie:JB

Nope, one came back with full description, including a library pic of the bike, but said it was a 1150GS (not GSA) although the pic was a Silver GSA?

It also said it had an Enduro box, with low first - which it doesn't have

The other enquiry, just gave a brief resume with no pic and labelled as a 1150GSA, with none of the build spec

I put some in for other bikes I've had and they weren't correct either

As I said, the genuine BMW system that the dealer uses - gives the exact VIN definition, build codes and factory options and the only one I would trust................not some 3rd party effort:augie

Nope, one came back with full description, including a library pic of the bike, but said it was a 1150GS (not GSA) although the pic was a Silver GSA?

It also said it had an Enduro box, with low first - which it doesn't have

The other enquiry, just gave a brief resume with no pic and labelled as a 1150GSA, with none of the build spec

I put some in for other bikes I've had and they weren't correct either

As I said, the genuine BMW system that the dealer uses - gives the exact VIN definition, build codes and factory options and the only one I would trust................not some 3rd party effort:augie

I've checked all 9 BMW's that I've owned, and it's been spot on.:thumb

And none of the guys that use it on the AdvRider forum have had any issues.

Did you buy your bikes from new?:augie:D

Just put my 2002 GS in and came back correct, as did my 2014.

I've had 7 new BMWs from K13s ,RTs and S1000rr, they all came up correct …useful info actually if you were looking for a second hand one

Thanks for that - I’d just noticed the original link had stopped working and was looking for an alternative :thumb

Just tried it, and it came back spot on, even told me it had the low seat.

Back
Top Bottom