Breakfast at Cafe Hockley, Saturday 21st February ~

What's actually happening up at ABW? Had a look in here and on their site but couldn't find anything..........

Andres

What's actually happening up at ABW? Had a look in here and on their site but couldn't find anything..........

Andres

http://www.ukgser.com/forums/showthread.php/364407-South-America-Winter-2016

"I'm having a pre South America trip meeting up at Adventure Bike Warehouse on Saturday 21st February for all those coming on this years great trip (you all should have an e-mail shortly) where I'll be fleshing out the trip as it were. www.adventurebikewarehouse.co.uk.

Everyone is welcome to come along if you are interested in this trip or indeed any of my other America trips for 2015 /2016 which include a Coast to Coast 2015 and Alaska 2016, full Trans America Trail 2016 (dirt) and a potential 3 week saunter across to Moab and the great Canyons for 2016 (should be a cracker). The specific South America meeting is at 3pm but I'll be there from around 1pm if you want to chat about anything USA.

You will also be very welcome if you are just thinking about a US trip of your own or even just bike shipping as I'm happy to help out, give advice etc etc. Skygod will also be happy to talk about his Morocco trips as well so a good all round day to clear the winter blues and think about some big adventures.

Skygod will putting on his usual pots of excellent chilli as well and there will be tea and coffee and probably more than a few biscuits. Skygod has lots of brilliant kit on show as well in his showroom which is worth a look.

Everyone is welcome even if it's just a destination for a winter ride and a good blather!!"

Feeling the love Andres, right back atchya.
We Anarcho-Syndicalists have to stick together Brother.

We'll miss you Bill although I suspect if you tell Sarah you are going to one of my presentations again, she may hide the piggy bank!

Ain't that the truth Chris. Itching to get back on another of your trips ASAP.

Sounds like we have ourselves a convoy.

Bill, sometimes you just have to commit to motorcycling rather than work or lovey dovey stuff.

Andres, Button Moon, I've asked my wife and she said I'm allowed to go. ;)

I'll be at the café around 9.00, then we can breakfast and go.

Anyone else? We may need to do this in groups, I'll head up the slow team!

i'm up for a run, can i be TEC:D
then i can fuck about at the back if tuftys going too slow:D:D:thumb2

Sounds like we have ourselves a convoy.

Bill, sometimes you just have to commit to motorcycling rather than work or lovey dovey stuff.

Andres, Button Moon, I've asked my wife and she said I'm allowed to go. ;)

I'll be at the café around 9.00, then we can breakfast and go.

Anyone else? We may need to do this in groups, I'll head up the slow team!

I'm good to go now ! Get bike back tomorrow!!!
Leaving 5am be there 9am (no I'm not walking).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanx. :D

Slight change of plan. We're not going away now but I'm hoping to get the WRR dirty for the 1st time since I bought it. :moped:

We could do that Monday or Tuesday if you fancied?

You're taking your time with that bike. I did three local lanes within a week of getting mine. Again Bill, commitment. :)

Fair enough. The speed limit is there for a reason, and I'm shit at cornering. :hide

The Via Gellia, out of Cromford on the way up to Buxton is LOVELY and straight, phew!

Andres

Edit: I tried Googling images of the Via Gellia, very few of the road itself but for some reason this was at the top of the search :D

Attachments

• 5904332-large.jpg
    5904332-large.jpg
    96.9 KB · Views: 194
I'm liking the sound of this, as that's my route back home to Warrington after Breakfast :)

Only pisser is, I'm working in Nottingham this week, and have the car, so will be driving home from Top Valley tomorrow night, kissing the dog and patting the wife on the head, then a couple of hours kip, stick my gear on ....turn round, and back to Nottingham :)

We could do that Monday or Tuesday if you fancied?

You're taking your time with that bike. I did three local lanes within a week of getting mine. Again Bill, commitment. :)

:mad: Cancelled again, FFS. Mum wants me to shift some furniture for her & in the way of old folk it's got to be done URGENTLY, so that's Saturday fecked once more.

I am, however, definitely booked in to do some trail riding on Tuesday & Wednesday.

In Spain. :D

I'm liking the sound of this, as that's my route back home to Warrington after Breakfast :)

Only pisser is, I'm working in Nottingham this week, and have the car, so will be driving home from Top Valley tomorrow night, kissing the dog and patting the wife on the head, then a couple of hours kip, stick my gear on ....turn round, and back to Nottingham :)

You're working 15 mins away from my gaff!
Would be great to say hi but seems a bit bonkers given the commuting involved................

:mad: Cancelled again, FFS. Mum wants me to shift some furniture for her & in the way of old folk it's got to be done URGENTLY, so that's Saturday fecked once more.

I am, however, definitely booked in to do some trail riding on Tuesday & Wednesday.

In Spain. :D

Have you seen the weather in southern Spain at the moment :yikes Hope you've got decent mud knobblies!

Have fun youth :thumb2

Andres

Just landed back in Warrington, good to meet everyone and put some names to faces :)

I'm not sure we were a glowing advertisement for the shop behind :)

eb5057659abdc7f3260cd493b5b8bd9e.jpg

Lovely ride back over through Congelton home:) put me down for the next one.

abbaf7ee5525af3af2549db2075da418.jpg

4f338a365bb2feea953bf5db4c8fa813.jpg

Just landed back in Warrington, good to meet everyone and put some names to faces :)

Good to say hi but sorry it was so fleeting, hopefully catch up properly next time :beerjug:

We had a similar ride up to ABW and rode through heavy snow, rain and biblical hail. The sun did shine now and again too :)

For some reason there weren't any other bikes up at the Cat & Fiddle :confused:

Just some well dodgy geezers.......................

A great day out, cheers :beerjug:

Andres

Good pics Andres. I was being grumpy in the corner of the car park when they were taken.

A great ride out, all weather types encountered on the way home. Thanks to Andres and Mikeyboy for the routes there and around Manchester.

Also a nice even at ABW. Good to see some familiar faces there too.

Finally starting to get warm in front of the fire.

I was hoping to try and catch you on the way over the fiddle, when I got to the Cat and Fiddle there was only one other bike there, an X-Country with a mahoosive tank. I turned round there and went back to the A54, and dropped into Congeleton. Was "worse" coming back than it was coming out this morning :)

Back
Top Bottom