TT Rider V5 premium.

Colin

Reaction score
after much head scratching and searching have decided to get the TT rider v5. I know theres a new one coming out in April2015. but have decided to stick with what I know.
I've been using the TT rider 2 for the last 7 years and it has been good. I've got so confused with all the different models of garmin, I contacted Tom Tom and they said I can have 25% discount on a new V5 premium.with full European maps. we are off to Croatia in June and my old TT didn't cover Slovenia or Croatia.

+1 for the TT V5 Rider, I will look at the new model in April but if it is anything like their new cat sat navs I'll give it a miss.
(new car sat navs from TT don't have an itinerary facillity i.e. can't load multiple routes into the unit.)

I am in the same position, I have had a TT Rider2 for 7 years or so and it has been faultless getting me all over the UK and Europe without dramas. I rarely use the phone facilities but voice instruction through a BT headset are great. I have found the speed camera database very useful and even managed to get French safety Zones on it via a backdoor route.

When I spoke to TT they also offered a 25% discount, but this only works out the same as buying from say 'Tyre's' own online shop in Euros at the current exchange rate. But on the point of itinerary planning, I cannot see them dropping this feature, especially given their hook up with 'Tyre', which is why I am going to wait and see what the new model looks like. Just my best guess though..

:augie

Back
Top Bottom