Today i have been mostly.........

Steptoe

What a waste.
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Fitting a fork seal to my FLHS. It's taken a day. Even the fecking ignition/steering lock had to be removed.

And it's still not back together because the fecking electrics have now decided to arse me about.

You should have realised it would be a pain and took it to a good mechanic !!

I asked my local HD independent to do it last november after he said he was quiet.

He asked what model it was and when told suddenly remembered that actually he was very busy and couldn't do it for months.. :D

Nothing goes right when you work on your own vehicles. If every job went as badly you wouldn't want to do it for a living. Don't ask me how I know.

Good job you aren't paying for it by the hour!

Yes sir that will be 10 hours labour in addition to parts:D

Monday night, engine out, 35 minutes from start to finish :D

The future is Tomos :rob

Andres

Disposable engine. Throw it away, fit a new one. Charity shops are full up with Tomos engines if you look amongst the beige slip on footwear and old china.

ahem 1000 miles...crank gone

Harley lasts a bit longer than that.

A good compromise would be...a postie...and quicker than both...:jes

He is not odd......It is all part of the experience, it is so easy to just put a new one in and throw away the old, just like everything else in society, so folk don`t build attachments like they used to......Even people do it to each other!

Old fashioned it is, borne out of respect:cool:

I could be wrong, in which case....Fuck it:D

He is not odd......It is all part of the experience, it is so easy to just put a new one in and throw away the old, just like everything else in society, so folk don`t build attachments like they used to......Even people do it to each other!

Old fashioned it is, borne out of respect:cool:

I could be wrong, in which case....Fuck it:D

Nah, you're spot on youth - I know it's only a two bit fecking moped but it and I have done a lot together and are gonna do more.......having got so up close to the bike the bond will be a strong one and all the better for it :)

Anyway, as we were, enough of this ombollox :D

Andres

i'm ahead of you here ...my bonding is getting along well.. :)

10847166_10152684745495784_1755437176175292645_o.jpg

Just noticed i need a rear tyre.... Thinking about it the bike still has the same rear tyre fitted as when i bought it.

Michelin commander 2 on order.

And another thing, i can't find the section of loom that runs from the fuel level sender in the petrol tank to the main loom... i put it somewhere safe........................

Back
Top Bottom