Need to rubber & not Metzler Tourance Next

I'm thinking about going for K60 Scouts
Then again what about the speed rating? Im not in the habit of going >115 but will a T pass the MOT?

http://www.tyreleader.co.uk/motorbike-tyres/heidenau/k60-scout/150-70-b17-69t-67195

Would a lower speed rated tyre on your bike invalidate the insurance?

To answer my own question, just found this at http://www.tyresave.co.uk/tyreinfo.html :-

TYRE SPEED SYMBOLS
For MOT requirements in this country, it is not necessary to fit a tyre with a speed rating to match the original vehicle fitment or the maximum speed of the vehicle. Tyres must be suitable for the purpose for which the vehicle is being used. See our Speed Symbol Chart for detailed data.
Insurance companies might say that a vehicle should be fitted with the tyres having the speed rating recommended by the car manufacturer: but even if you fit Z-rated tyres for speeds over 150 mph they will not insure you if you drive in excess of 70 mph in this country!
The vehicle manufacturer has to recommend a tyre with a rating to match the maximum speed of the car because when it leaves the factory he does not know exactly where the car is going or for what purpose it might be used. You might want to use the car in a country where higher speed limits apply than the UK or take it to a race track at the weekend.
The major tyre manufacturers such as pirelli link, publish charts showing speed ratings.
The speed rating means the tyre can be run at it's maximum speed AND at it's maximum load for an extended period without overheating.

Mike

I was also wondering if anybody had tried the Heideneau K76 described as a Enduro tyre for the road.

K76f+r.jpg

If they last as well as the K60's they could be astonishing tyres, as they use the same rubber they should last well. £57.71 for the front and £69.67 for the rear delivered from Pneus Online

I was also wondering if anybody had tried the Heideneau K76 described as a Enduro tyre for the road.

Looks just like the TKC70, would probably go for the Conti as it is likely to be better rubber, I know it is really just a chunkier Road Attack 2 - and the RA's are highly rated.

Back
Top Bottom