Cadwell - Performance Plus training 2015

Deleted account 200502001

Reaction score
If anyone is interested (which your probably not :() then Lincolnshire Road Safety Partnership are running their Performance Plus days on 20th May & 8th Sept 2015 @ Cadwell. These days consist of both 'on & off' track tuition and cover things such as achieving maximum effective braking (without locking up) and much more. Cost is £99 for the day - 07:45 - 17:30. Heres their link...

http://www.lincolnshire.gov.uk/linc...motorcyclists/performance-plus/120336.article

And the good news is that these training days are partly run by Hopp Rider Training who are a brilliant team of instructors, and who themselves run their Better Riding Days at Cadwell on the following day (21st May & 9th Sept).

Whilst Ive attended the Hopp BRD (which are amazing) I haven't done their Performance Plus day, so I've just booked onto their 20th May date, and I'm staying over somewhere local that night ready for another Hopp Better Riding Day the following day with a few other UKGSers.

This time next week

O my .... What do I wear, do I need tyres, will Bear bring sandwiches :bounce1

Performance Plus for 2016

Anyone interested, the Bears link still works and they have updated the release of their first date for 2016 early this year. HRT were booked out within a week of release for 2015 dates The waiting list for the first date filled an additional one. Quick enquiry today revealed PP date in May 16 is already 25% full just a week after release, £99 again for a day at Cadwell ! Grab it while they can still afford to run it.

I did this last year and it was a good day. We practiced front & rear wheel locks, slow manoeuvring with full lock turns etc, and had a few laps of Cadwell. I stayed over the night and did the Hopp Rider Training track day the following day.

Thought it might be worth a mention. Balderstons at Peterborough are having an open day Sat 6th Feb, as are most others for new bike launch. But I was told yesterday Baldos have done a deal on the Cadwell courses run by the Lincs partnership and Hopp Training arranging a BMW special September 7th. That date isn't published by the partnership people, not yet anyway.

I think Performance Plus get special dispensation, all others are one piece or zip together two piece leathers.

I've not had to wear leathers at a Martin Hopp day, nor at the day run partially by LRSP and HRT

Thanks for the correction, not heard of the ones you mention, I take it they're more focused on training rather than fasterrr.

Thanks for the correction, not heard of the ones you mention, I take it they're more focused on training rather than fasterrr.

The Hopp Rider training days are brilliant, especially when you do your first one. They split you into groups of 6, according to ability. Usually get half hour on track, half hour off (whilst other groups go on) al through the day, so you get loads of track time. Speed doesn't come into it, they teach you how to ride the track properly, and its based on learning how to ride on the road, but your doing it on a safe track where theres no street furniture or curbs etc. You do find though that you gradually get quicker round the track as the day progresses, and by the end of the day your confidence has grown dramatically. This May will be my 3rd Hopp day at Cadwell.

Lincolnshire road safety partnership usually do their Performance Plus training the day before the Hopp day, both at Cadwell. Performance Plus days are about bike control, they teach you to lock your wheels without falling off, both front and rear, and you do full lock tuning circles at slow speed. Great for the beginner, or someone who's not actually as good as they think they are.

Back
Top Bottom