Another One Bites The Dust - Leys Lane (part of)

JoeC

rebircsbuS
UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
Peak District National Park Authority
Tel: 01629 816200
E-mail: customer.service@peakdistrict.gov.uk
Web: www.peakdistrict.gov.uk
Minicom: 01629 816319
Aldern House . Baslow Road . Bakewell . Derbyshire . DE45 1AE

Your ref:
Our ref: SAS/A76225
Date: 6 February 2015

Dear Sir/Madam

The National Park Authorities’ Traffic Orders (Procedure) (England) Regulations 2007 – Notice of Making a Traffic Regulation Order – Leys Lane

I am writing to give notice that a traffic regulation order (TRO) has been made under section 22BB(2)(a) of the Road Traffic Regulation Act (RTRA) 1984 to prohibit use by mechanically propelled vehicles at any time along the route known as Leys Lane.

The order will come into force on 12 February 2015. A copy of the notice of making of the order is attached to this letter for information together with the Regulation 14 decision notice giving the reasons for not acceding to objections made.

The notice, order, decision notice and a map showing the extent of the restriction can be found at www.peakdistrict.gov.uk/tros.

Please note that there are no rights of appeal to the making of the TRO, although an application may be made to the High Court within 6 weeks of the date of the order if it is considered that the order has not been validly made.

Thank you for taking the time to comment.

Yours faithfully

Sue Smith
Rights of Way Officer

Cnuts, another nail in the coffin for the green lane community.

Unfortunately its a lost battle, we are a minority with no power. Small gains now will make no difference, the inevitable outcome is clear.

Black Harry Lane will follow soon and that will be a great loss. A great "link" lane.

Unfortunately its a lost battle, we are a minority with no power. Small gains now will make no difference, the inevitable outcome is clear.

Agreed

But the aggro is mainly in the National Parks only, because the NPA were granted more powers in 2006, to close lanes

Outside the Parks there is not as much of a problem

Found a new BOAT yesterday, out of Park jurisdiction - happy days

I tend to ride outside the Parks nowadays

I suspect the day will come when motorcycles are banned from the National Parks. I seem to remember a labour politician of fairly high standing trying to get a ban several years ago, his name eludes me at the moment (possibly Gerald kaufman??). The NIMBYs and tree huggers are a powerful force these days. God help us if ever the 'Green party got in power'

Black Harry Lane will follow soon and that will be a great loss. A great "link" lane.

Hasn't the order already been done for Black Harry Gaz?? There were signs either end when I rode it last month :green gri

Depressing isn't it?:eek:
I think the TRF were mistaken in allying with the 4X4 brigade:(

Tony Favell chairman of the Peak District National Park has promised those that elected him that he will rid the park of all the off-roaders, he seems to have a personal vendetta or an ulterior motive, I'm not sure which, either way he seems to be systematically closing historical rights of way that once lost will be gone forever.

Depressing isn't it?:eek:
I think the TRF were mistaken in allying with the 4X4 brigade:(

The 4x4 brigade have just as much right as everyone else, but unfortunately what we are dealing with is a bunch of arrogant wankers who don't want anybody but themselves to be able to enjoy the countryside. Once they have dispensed with us it will be the mountain bikers and horse riders next.

The sad thing is is that they are ultimately encouraging people to ride wherever they like. If the facilities aren't there do they really think that people will stop trying to find a way of having their fun. The more lanes they close the more illegal activity will take place.

I've never had any issues with the walkers on the lanes, so it must be a small core of busy bodies who are actually pushing this through to the detriment of the wider public access.

What will happen is the lanes will get overgrown and then unused and then lost because many of the lanes don't actually afford that great a view from a walking perspective, we ride them on bikes because they are technical or get us across country, I know many where the doddery auld twats would never get up them, but it won't stop them trying to close them.

Soon we will have a perfectly flattened, graded and h&s engineered national park where people can walk around and see nature in all it's man made beauty :blast

Black Harry lane

Was up there yesterday black Harry lane now gone rangers were at both ends stopping bikes another one lost soon be all gone :(

Back
Top Bottom