Harley Soft tail Slim anyone got one ? tried one ?

Nick

That was exactly my problem and was a pain in the ass (literally) to begin with. I did get used to it by stopping more frequently on longer journeys etc.

There are more comfortable aftermarket seats available for the Slim and the Mustang one looked the best compromise for comfort without spoiling the looks. The other alternative was to wear cycling shorts (under normal gear of course :D) if your slim etc

Not a problem for most in here as they are all fat bastards. :thumb2

Can hear the back-chat coming as I type but...got to ask. Took a Slim out yesterday for a 2 hr test ride and loved it (also rode the Breakeout, Fat Bob and 48 - less love). Obviously a big difference coming off a GS but at 6' 1" the biggest pain is all your weight being on the base of your spine - can't really take much of the weight on your legs as they are so far forward & difficult to shift your weight to your arse (as opposed to bottom of spine). Is this just the way it is or is there much that can be done to lessen this - raised / sprung saddle and / or bars up & back a bit??
Look forward to your thoughts and abuse :beerjug:

sometimes you have to suffer for your art

Buying a Harley is only the start point and you can adjust every part of the riding position :nenau

...and then some. Spent the morning on-line looking at some of the options - I thought the world of GS mods gave me too many options - HD world is something else. Some of you out there must have very deep pockets!

Jersey HD is your friend, alternatively investigate the aftermarket options. Everything, and more, in the HD options list is available from any number of suppliers.

Some good but rather crude advice from my fellow Harley riding brethren. :rob

Just avoid anything embellished with diamante or Live to Ride as you may be mistaken for a pantywaist ponce. Don't ask me how I know. :D

Just buy an old snotter like mine.... Ride it whoever you want, Wipe it over with WD40 once a year.... And enjoy 0 depreciation....

And agonise, wrestle, shilly-shally, dither and generally faff about on here how, when, why, what and if... you should replace it.

:nenau :blast :nenau :confused: :comfort :blagblah :nenau

:D

And agonise, wrestle, shilly-shally, dither and generally faff about on here how, when, why, what and if... you should replace it.

:nenau :blast :nenau :confused: :comfort :blagblah :nenau

:D

I've put those demons to bed for now........

Back
Top Bottom