my take on a vw just for pingu

its not that it is the fitment to the headlight gap which apparently is a bastard to get right ,and if the one fitted in blackbear is anything to go by .theres was a shocking fit big gaps around the light .
so i asked is there a fitter that i could speak to about the gap between the head light and the bezel (well known on the hd forum)so the guy said i will see,so he comes back and says the mechanic says thats how they fit ,so i said thats crap and thats crappy fitting and its amazing what crap people in here will put up with .
if thats the standard of your fitting then its crap ,just because it says hd on it people will put up with crap stuff .

so i took my free dount and left ,i may not be there favourite customer now .

any way i cant fit it untill i have got my new handlebars otherwise i will have to take it all of again ,and i am going through mental torture trying to decide what bars to fit .

you dont want to be inside my head

I used a rubber jawed cramp to squeeze it together Dave to pull the gap together as much as possible when I fitted one I seem to recall. You only get a poxy little screw made of cheese to tighten as well.

its not the gap at the bottom where the two halfs meet its the gap between the light and the edge of the ring ,allso my headlight trim is not dead level so there is a gap at the top where it meets the edge so a bit of fiddling and bending will take place i think .

followed by swearing and crying

Slacken off the original ring a little first and give a wiggle to get it to sit correctly I seem to recall (it is a bit hazy though admittedly).

ok pete i have taken the origonal ring off even though harley say leave it on and taken the headlight apart and have been able to move one half back about an eigth of an inch which is enough to perfectly line up the two halfs ,so i will wait untill i fit the new handlebars ( a saga on their own) and i will then fit the trim ring bezel .
i will then ride to blackbear to show them how it should fit ...................tossers

I've never had a problem with Blackbear as I always visit when their closed. :thumb2

Back
Top Bottom