welding tank emblems on tank ?

sorry to post sensible suggestions in here,not normal i know:D
if you wanted to screw fix the badges i can put you in touch with someone who could make some blind "slugs" and solder or braze them in,
failing that if you decided to go for stick on ones you could put them on wet.
use a really weak mix of washing up liquid/water and slide them into position,then push them on .
this will allow them to stick and the water will dry out,they will stick as normal
i used to use this method when fitting decals to vans and it will stop the initial grab of the adhesive allowing you to float them into position.
it worked really well and i see no reason why it would not work on smaller stuff:thumb
carry on chaps:beerjug:

Don't come in here with your helpful, sensible suggestions Mikey. Unhelpful, catastophy causing suggestions are the order of the day in this section, preferably ones that involve blowing a large hole through his tank and taking his eyebrows off in one hit. :D

I'd use silicon rubber. If everything is clean before you start - it'll be a pretty permanent fix, but give you a decent amount of time to get them lined up, just so.
If you cock it up then remove using fishing line.

If you go down this route don't use silicone, use a Polyurethane based product such as Sikaflex.

Last edited:
i dont want flat transfers i need raised tank badges and they will be stuck using a vhb tape i think ,sensible suggestions are allways welcome but generally never used here

Just spit some bubblegum on the back of em.
That way you can pull em off when you get bored and sell it. ( an that can't be far away ):D

Just spit some bubblegum on the back of em.
That way you can pull em off when you get bored and sell it. ( an that can't be far away ):D

sell it i havent even ridden it yet since i bought it and the 1150 they have both sat in the garage havent even taken them out yet .,i will get to ride it soon i am sure

Go to your local automobile paint supplier and get some of the super sticky double sided number plate tape.

I use it on my cars plates and they stay in place for years.. It's very thin so wouldn't make the badges stand proud on the tank...

And then just to be safe and sure run a bead of ali around badge using one of those Alumiweld rods, aluminium brazing that works with the heat from a lighter. :D

sell it i havent even ridden it yet since i bought it and the 1150 they have both sat in the garage havent even taken them out yet .,i will get to ride it soon i am sure

The next time both bikes are actually ridden will be on collection by their respective new owners. :aidan

i think these might be keepers

Oh you do make I laugh... :D:D:D

And listen banana brain you wouldn't know a keeper if it arrived on your doorstep accompanied by the worlds loudest brass band, a twenty one gun salute and thirty foot multiple coloured flashing neon signage spelling "I AM A KEEPER".

:headbat:bash:mcgun:rocketwho:duno:banghead::surrender:rocketwho:mcgun

finish it i have not even ridden it yet i bought it back on the trailer and it has sat in the garage ever since ,only started it once same as the gs not ridden it since i bought it before christmas

thats all shrink wrapped for this year as i need the money for the harley ,and a new camera and our holiday to japan and greece and mooroco

good effort... well I'm enjoying the simple life regarding the ole snotter........

thats all shrink wrapped for this year as i need the money for the harley ,and a new camera and our holiday to japan and greece and mooroco

Holiday in Greece? Give it to the end of next week and you could probably buy it as bankrupt stock! There might be a slight political tiff going on by then, but the beaches are great…

Fluff.

finish it i have not even ridden it yet i bought it back on the trailer and it has sat in the garage ever since ,only started it once same as the gs not ridden it since i bought it before christmas

Did you ever get some stick on tank emblems for it?

I saw a pair of these on an 05 plated Heritage earlier today

198792d1311972147-about-installing-h-d-name-plates-on-crossbones-tank-hd_emblem_61776_61t.jpg

Back
Top Bottom