bmw motorrad insurance.

Just done a online quote with BMW Motorad ins. £159.00 for GSA. W.T.F.....

I had a renewal quote of £238.16; went online as a new customer - increased mileage to 30K (it didn't affect price) and was quoted £211.99! Rang them (must be at least 7 working days before renewal date as they auto-renew) and got the lower price OK.

The renewal price included a £10 renewal fee.....

My BMW/Devitts insurance came up for renewal whilst I was abroad last month & SWMBO paid it for me.

Back home & I look at the paperwork to find the registration plate details are wrong: they showed the original plate whereas I’d changed it to a personal plate - and told them so (by phone) when I did it. So I phoned them to get the details corrected, only to be told there’d be a charge for the policy amendment. I pointed out that it was their error not mine and that if they insisted on charging me I’d cancel the policy (14 day 'cooling off’ period) and go elsewhere to which the reply was “You do realise there’s an Admin charge for doing that too?

After a few terse words they decided to correct the(ir) error and waive the fee...

R

Just had £150 knocked off my renewal with them... By having them re quote me as a new customer!

It was a relatively simple task but not one that says a lot about how they see customers, I no longer trust them.

BMW if you are reading this take note as its your brand that you are allow them to do this under....

Please let us know if we can assist

Regards

I always, always, always take half a day and phone around, check comparison sites for my insurance, car or bike.

The result has always been a saving of (upto a couple of hundred quid) I've never saved less than £50.

And I always as them the match or better the offer things like legal cover, breakdown cover (I got RAC anyway) accessories cover, excess etc.

It pays to haggle and investigate. It might be half a day I could have been riding but more cash in my pocket, I can live with that sacrifice

I am sure they rely on people just accepting the renewal offered without checking.

Back
Top Bottom