bmw motorrad insurance.

Shinyface

Reaction score
I have been with BMW Motorrad Insurance for many years and have no complaints however I have just received my renewal for a BMW R1200 RT LE 125. £213
A small increase from last year.................that`s life , but when I go online for the renewal using all the same details excess etc I`m given a quote and a ref no for £159 !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :rob
So I recontact BMW Insurance who retail the cover under the Equity Red Star banner, " hey that`s okay we`ll just cancel your renewal and start the other policy when it expires "....................
Why is so difficult to ever know if you are getting a good deal, they must just rely on folk just renewing without makin an effort. :nenau

" if you don`t ask you don`t get "..................

Shinyface ;)

I just renewed with Churchill As a new customer it was cheaper plus they has free one year breakdown cover I think you are right about them relying on complacent customers

I took my RT and 100GS to Carole Nash, much cheaper than BMW insurance who I have been with for a while. I don't call for a re-quote out of principal - just change. I think as long as they know folks will call for a re-quote before they take their business elsewhere they have little to lose?

I'll be moving from BMW insurance in September, as their admin fees whenever you make minor changes to the policy make them uncompetitive over the course of the year.

Legal Racketeering

I'll be moving from BMW insurance in September, as their admin fees whenever you make minor changes to the policy make them uncompetitive over the course of the year.

You'll have to tell me if you find any insurer that doesn't charge you £25 for an "amendment", or £50 to cancel the policy. They're all bleedin scoundrels.
The whole business of insurance in this country is akin to government-sponsored legalised extortion. :confused:

You'll have to tell me if you find any insurer that doesn't charge you £25 for an "amendment", or £50 to cancel the policy. They're all bleedin scoundrels.
The whole business of insurance in this country is akin to government-sponsored legalised extortion. :confused:

You're absolutely right.:thumb

I've been with BMW Motorrad insurance for the last 6 years or so and have had no complaints till now. I knew they weren't the cheapest on the market and didn't need or want them to be. I bought BMW insurance because I imagined it would be tailored toward BMW owners who expected a better calibre of service and didn't mind paying for it - how wrong I was. Unfortunately I was knocked off by bike by a drunk driver last Wednesday in Plymouth, and have had to call upon the 'services' of my insurance company for the first time.
It's been a very frustrating and time consuming experience to say the least, as well as having to field calls from untold numbers of ambulance chasers who have been given (or more probably sold) my contact details.
I won't bore you all with the details but the final straw in this whole episode for me came when I was offered a Suzuki 1250 Bandit as a 'nearest replacement' for my 11' plate GSA by a company sub-contracted to supply bikes to people in my position. This company don't even own any BMW's!!!
Is it unreasonable of me to expect a like for like replacement of my bike while it's with my local motorrad dealer for repair? I don't think so. Fair enough if I'd bought the cheapest insurance on the market but I didn't. I went with BMW's own insurance as recommended by my dealer, but I may as well not have bothered and gone with Carole Nash or Bennets or similar. I'm not denigrating these companies in any way, it's just that they were a cheaper option when I was looking to get insured, but I went with BMW in the false assumption that their service (should I need it) would be really good. Lesson learned I suppose. The old adage about 'you get what you pay for' doesn't always ring true.

In my experience the problems start when you go via the broker's pet accident management company. I unfortunately had a couple of claims over the years and speaking to the underwriter directly got much better results than the run around I was given by Devitts. Admittedly that was when Allianz underwrote it, don't know if ERS are as good.

I think you're right Andy, unfortunately for me the number given on the documents in case of accident seems to be the direct line to the 'accident management & no win no fee solicitors department'. ERS seem to be as bad as the others I've read about. Apparently, Devitts have their own 'Motorrad' department or branch that caters exclusively for BMW Motorrad Insurance customers. Sounds to me as if the contract to underwrite BMW's insurance was put out to tender and the lowest bidder was ERS - and it shows.

I think Allianz pulled out of uk bike insurance (probably all my claims that did it) but Devitt tried to breach the terms of the policy in the way they handled the claim, I had to go direct to Allianz to sort it, they dealt with it extremely efficiently. If Devitt are messing you around try going direct to the underwriters.

I suspect if you call the claim line they don't distinguish between a BMW policy and any of the others they peddle, and just try to suck you in to the whole accident management / credit hire scheme before you know what's hit you.

I still get calls to this day from ambulance chasers about the accident I had 'in' my BMW - they've got the right date and location so it's not just a fishing trip - and that selling on of details is even more annoying than the other screwups that took place.

Fek! I pay just over £ 300 for eleven bikes...they've seen you coming.... ;)

I suppose how much you you use them is relevant though, so it`s cost verses mileage.:rolleyes: ( assuming there are no claims etc )

My combined mileage last year was 17360 :D so I think that`s good VFM, this year should be similar socially with a few more business miles .

Shinyface ;)

Bmw insurance

Been with them many years and have two bikes insured 14 plate GS and a R nine T.

Seems to have gone up about 50 quid for no reason apart from iam 50 years old now.?

Who out there offers a good policy and doesn't rip you off. Any ideas.

Cheers

Paddy

Thieving, robbing scoundrels and thats putting it mildly. Its virtually impossible to get straight info re INsurance, some will promise all manner of perks but come the day theres a claim they take big steps backwards.

BMW Motorrad Insurance

I've got my R1200GSA and my S1000RR insured with Motorrad Insurance, on the basis that manufacturer's insurance normally allow genuine parts to be fitted in the event of a claim. Too many "cheaper" insurance companies use kerbside autos, pattern parts etc. to save money.

My question is: who has had a claim, was able to choose the repairer of their choice and had decent service from an insurer other than BMW Motorrad Insurance - if so which company was it. They're quoting me £600.00 for my two, so keen to save money, but not at the expense of kerbside autos!

BMW Motorrad Insurance

Just got my renewal quote for 2014GSA and 2003 Montauk up from £238 last year to£372.00. No claim:nenau was charged in July 2014 to change from GS LC TO GSA LC
£121.16....(change+fee). Bad service included!! Bloody bums
Will start tomorrow shopping for an alternative, and write a wee note to Herr BMW!!

Just got my renewal quote for 2014GSA and 2003 Montauk up from £238 last year to£372.00. No claim:nenau was charged in July 2014 to change from GS LC TO GSA LC
£121.16....(change+fee). Bad service included!! Bloody bums
Will start tomorrow shopping for an alternative, and write a wee note to Herr BMW!!
Just done a online quote with BMW Motorad ins. £159.00 for GSA. W.T.F.....

I have used BMW insurance since 2005, but was forced to drop them this year because of a huge price hike from something like £206 fully comp with business use and dual post codes to £383 for same cover for the new TE I have ordered, present bike is a 2013 LC.

Seems like the new underwriter doesn't like dual-post codes, even though they accepted this when I renewed last year - there seems to be no logical reason for a £180 price hike, so I have dumped BMW them for Carol Nash, which are more than happy with 2 postcodes, business use, half the excess and the new bike for a modest increase over my current premium.

BMW run by devitts , I wouldn't use devitts again , ever .
The hoops the want you to jump through and obstacles they place are unacceptable , I dread to think what it would be like in the event of a claim .

Back
Top Bottom