French post codes / Zumo 350

knobby

UKGSer Subscriber
Reaction score
It may well be a stupid question but i am looking to navigate to this place http://www.camping-hermitage.fr/en/ and according to google maps the post code is 62575 but it refers to this district not the exact place.
I guess that French post code system is not the same as the UK ??

is there a way to get me to the door of the desired destination , using zumo 350 ?

You correctly assume that, our postcode covers ten villages in our area, first two numbers cover the region and the last three just narrow it down a bit more.

All the best from 65360

50°42'22.1"N 2°15'44.1"E

In Europe we use street name + number.

the instructions on the access page are pretty specific so you should be able to navigate to the exact spot on the Zumo, in Basecamp or Mapsource and set a manual waypoint

From google maps, this address will get you very close to the private road junction
85 Rue du Parfum des Sapins, 62575 Helfaut, France

if you can't do that then just write down the instruction on a piece of paper as it's only a short distance from the autoroute junction A26J4 - despite having a smartphone with satnav capability and a Garmin, this would be my method of choice and by the time I had got to the A26 I would have read it enough times from the tankbag map pocket that I would know my way there. In fact, I think I have it nailed already!

We are in 46360. No road name, no house number.
Just "lieu-dit xxxxxxx" , Village name followed by 46360

xxxxxx representing the local name for our little dead end lane/area

Many thanks for your replies , lets hope the weather is better come May

French post codes are very much for administrative rather than navigational applications

Back
Top Bottom