Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: SUNBEAM S8

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Is it running yet?

Oh Yes.... Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by ianboydsnr View Post
    Is it running yet?
    I've grown a 3 ft beard awaiting Smudgers reply.....
    Perfekt ist nicht gut genug.

UKGSER-A place where I've wasted so much time, learned so much, laughed a lot and cried a few times.

Every bed of roses has pricks in it!

Following a new path Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    It must be gleaming by now...
    Coming Soon: "Sands of Time" .... A Dali based homage to a Sand Racing Evo....

Well..........................

Its running!!!!!

After being asleep for 40 odd years, the Beam started today. It was down to the fact that i went on a vintage bike run today, i was following a lovely old Velo, on my tiger thinking it must be lovely to be on an old bike like that other than on a boring modern machine so that inspired me.

Done a few more standard checks, charged the battery and after an monumental fucking 'kicking' effort between me and my mate, she started!!!!!

40 odd years of cobwebs blew out, lovely bubbly!!!!

Just uploading the footage now.

Well..........................

Its running!!!!!

After being asleep for 40 odd years, the Beam started today. It was down to the fact that i went on a vintage bike run today, i was following a lovely old Velo, on my tiger thinking it must be lovely to be on an old bike like that other than on a boring modern machine so that inspired me.

Done a few more standard checks, charged the battery and after an monumental fucking 'kicking' effort between me and my mate, she started!!!!!

40 odd years of cobwebs blew out, lovely bubbly!!!!

Brilliant news!
    2010 BMW R1200GSA
    2017 Kawasaki Z1000SX Touring
    2007 Suzuki Bandit 1250S
    1989 Jaguar XJS 5.3 Convertible

Quote Originally Posted by The smudger View Post
    i was following a lovely old Velo, on my tiger thinking it must be lovely to be on an old bike like that .
    I've just taken delivery of a lovely old velo, it don't run, after being restored it started and died and never ran again and was just left covered up for a long time after my father became ill, I'm going to get it running and use it .

I love the bit on the video where your lady psays , tell you what I leave you the camera give me a call when its running! Class, and well done for the persistant tag team kicking.

It's great that you've finally managed to get the old girl started

I was however shouting at the screen "Take your foot off the fecking kick start man!!"

Restoration and Paint services

07714 266 627

www.ctmotorcycleservices.co.uk

www.facebook.com/ctmotorcycleservices

If ever there was a video which reminds us why we all got into motorbikes.....

Chuff Chuff....Fire Fire ....Chuff Chuff ( spit back ) Chuff Chuff Chuffer Chuffer..THRAAAAAAPPPPPPPP !!!!!

Thank you.....

Quote Originally Posted by steve hughes View Post
    I love the bit on the video where your lady psays , tell you what I leave you the camera give me a call when its running! Class, and well done for the persistant tag team kicking.
    That was my son!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Tunneruk View Post
    It's great that you've finally managed to get the old girl started

I was however shouting at the screen "Take your foot off the fecking kick start man!!"

When it was running!!! yes, just noticed that..... Truth is my leg was seized...

Quote Originally Posted by The smudger View Post
    That was my son!!!
    Either way he's got sense , leaving you to kick it to death.

Steve

Got it on the road yet?

Alas not...

The engine is out and i have stripped it. The rings were seized in both pistons so i luckily found a new old stock set on ebay for 29 quid!The pistons are std so the engine is not only the original one that was fitted to the bike in 1949 but it has also never been bored out.

I have just (last week) got the block and head back from having it hot washed. I didn't go down the vapour blasting route as i didn't want the engine to look like new, the bike i have decided NOT to restore after all, i am going for the oily rag look.

So, now i have the engine back, a new timing wheel (old one had 2 teeth missing!) a set of gaskets, new chain etc i just need time to rebuild the engine then slip it back in!

I will add some pictures of where i am etc over the next few days but its all about time now.

I have to get it done for about March time as my newest 'project' is arriving................

Click here to find out how to remove these ads

You sent it away for a Hot Wash? Don't you have a dishwasher and a wife who occasionally leaves you alone in the house?

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast