Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: SUNBEAM S8

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Smudger are you a member of the Sunbeam Owners Fellowship? Ive got an S7 Deluxe and they really helped me out when I first got it, as you know by now, they are unique!
    Attached Images Attached Images  

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by Greenman14 View Post
    You sent it away for a Hot Wash? Don't you have a dishwasher and a wife who occasionally leaves you alone in the house?
    Years ago, missis at work, rebuilding an MZ, the crankcases in the gas oven (Gas mark 1/4) for twenty minutes, was just the right temperature, main bearings out of the freezer and 'chink' they dropped in to place with no hammering

A week later she puts the oven on for a Sunday roast and couldn't understand the smell of cats pee and smoke from the oven ... hot gear oil at its best

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Quote Originally Posted by Dozer View Post
    Smudger are you a member of the Sunbeam Owners Fellowship? Ive got an S7 Deluxe and they really helped me out when I first got it, as you know by now, they are unique!
    Hi Dozer, Looks lovely mate! I have one the same, a 1949 model the only difference is mine has a pillion seat! I love the S7Deluxe although as you say they do have they're quirks! I am a member indeed of the SOF, lots of good people on there always willing to help.

Quote Originally Posted by Micky View Post
    Years ago, missis at work, rebuilding an MZ, the crankcases in the gas oven (Gas mark 1/4) for twenty minutes, was just the right temperature, main bearings out of the freezer and 'chink' they dropped in to place with no hammering

A week later she puts the oven on for a Sunday roast and couldn't understand the smell of cats pee and smoke from the oven ... hot gear oil at its best

I did the same Micky with my half time wheel bush in the S8, although i just put the gear on top of the oil radiator in the garage and left the bush outside one night, just dropped in like you say, can't beat the old simple methods!

Proud Tosser Click here to find out how to Subscribe

I'm sure that as an upstanding pillar of the community you gave a full confession Micky?

Never knowingly understood Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Quote Originally Posted by duckspeed View Post
    I'm sure that as an upstanding pillar of the community you gave a full confession Micky?
    "No cough, no job"

Adventure.GS
    Tours, training or custom made earplugs ... it's all here.

"If you want the rainbow then you have to put up with a little rain" Dolly Parton

Daily ocurence in our house as I rebuild a lot of Nortons.
    So much so that I am putting an oven in my workshop today.
    Might restore some domestic harmony.

Quote Originally Posted by The smudger View Post
    Hi Dozer, Looks lovely mate! I have one the same, a 1949 model the only difference is mine has a pillion seat! I love the S7Deluxe although as you say they do have they're quirks! I am a member indeed of the SOF, lots of good people on there always willing to help.

I took the pillion seat off, I had a feeling that anyone brave enough to use it would end up getting their ass sanded off by the back tyre when the rear mudguard collapsed....! It wasn't pretty either, absolutely massive, I sold it to a Beamer in the USA. If you have an S7DL, why go through the pain of trying to refurbish another one !!? They are a bit of a nightmare as you know, especially as even basket cases are fetching silly money now. I was offered 10k at a show for mine last summer, by an American that was desperate for one that he could ship back to the States. I couldn't part with it though.

Here's mine Dozer, Must use it more this year.....

Quote Originally Posted by The smudger View Post
    Here's mine Dozer, Must use it more this year.....
    I like that...a lot

If you ever get a chance to pick up a Sunbeam S7 De Luxe, even a basket case, buy it, as they are going to be worth a fortune in the future and for some reason, are incredibly well supported with owners clubs, technical information and a Sunbeam specific supplier. The S8s are a bit cheaper, but the balloon tyred S7 is the one to go for.

Photo attached of the VMCC day at the Ace Café in 2016, quite a lot of Sunbeams attended.....

They are also a peach of a bike to own and ride, once you get used to their strange little ways....!

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234