Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: bsa starfire anybody had one ?

Subscriber Click here to find out how to Subscribe
    Its nice hearing these stories about memories of days and machines gone by.
    But I have to say, I recon these bikes are better left right there. In the past.
    Each to his own.
    I hope you find something special.

Quote Originally Posted by Jimeroo View Post
    Its nice hearing these stories about memories of days and machines gone by.
    But I have to say, I recon these bikes are better left right there. In the past.
    Each to his own.
    I hope you find something special.
    The C15 was rough and slow 250cc 15bhp (alleged). Starfire was not stated to be any more powerful.

Wikipedia says

A successor to the C11, the C15 had a completely redesigned frame and 250 cc engine. The bike proved to need careful maintenance, being prone to oil leaks, electrical faults, gearbox problems, valve-gear failures, a weak big-end, and clutch adjustment problems. Initially, the contact breaker housing protruded at the rear of the cylinder above the gearbox, but was later relocated to the right-side crankcase, accessed via a circular plate

So that was the development - moved the sparks contact breaker to look a bit neater. No wonder the Brit bike industry collapsed.
    08 R1200GSA
    76 Suzuki GT750

i bought a new barracuda in 1967, lovely blue, nice looking bike. ran it to my work, did the 20mls in 23mins. apart from throwing the chain it was ok, a good handler but a bit greedy on fuel which along with a small tank saw me run dry more than once. after 6 mths of thrashing the nuts off it and 6300mls it melted the piston. got it repaired under warranty and sold it in the spring.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456